PDA

View Full Version : Daddy's Gone Trifecta (Military Spouse Version)

Hawkeyewife
04-04-2012, 08:16 AM
It has been a couple of days since the "trifecta" was completed but just wanted to share.

A couple of weeks ago DH left on another work up for an upcoming 9 month deployment set to start this summer.

1) Last week, DD breaks wrist at skating fundraiser for DS's school. We spend the night at the ER (had to sedate to set etc)... neighbors stayed at my home while my other 3 kids slept

2) Sunday Morning, Flat tire right as we are getting ready to leave for church and annual program for kids (after services which I am in charge of), put spare on, sort of late

3) Sunday Afternoon, After 2 hour wait at COSTCO to get tire fixed (with 4 kids, who were great), ended up in my very first car accident involving a car that decided at the last minute to make a left turn in front of me! We are all okay, but what luck.

So now, I am dealing with insurance stuff, taking DD to ortho appts at the military hospital which takes FOREVER (for her wrist) and everything else while DH is out to sea. Thankfully, he comes home this weekend for a couple of weeks and then out for another month or so... I am thinking that we've taken care of a lot of "stuff" now so maybe the 9 month deployment will be less exciting. My In Laws live less than an hour away and my parents live about 3 hours away but unfortunately, none of them have been any help/support during any emergency we have experienced over the years (hurricane evacs, hospitalization of toddler etc) so I do not expect that to change.

I did get a massage yesterday and feel better this morning. Going car seat shopping today to replace the three that were being in the accident. DD was in a Monterrey but the accident was no severe so I am not replacing it.

Hope nothing else "goes wrong", there have been a few more minor hassles since Sunday (strong winds blew a branch down which cut off our phone/cable/internet line, downstairs toilet overflowed etc, not big stuff.) Looking forward to better days.

DietCokeLover
04-04-2012, 08:20 AM
Wow! That's so much to deal with at once! Hopefully you got everything that will happen out of the way early!

You military mamas are awesome!

liz
04-04-2012, 08:59 AM
Wow! That's so much to deal with at once! Hopefully you got everything that will happen out of the way early!

:yeahthat: That's a lot of stress to deal with alone! big :hug:

lmwbasye
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
Sounds like Murphy heard that DH is away. This last deployment, Murphy was so constant that I told my friend I felt like he was a real living, breathing person. To which he replied that we should give him a face to the name...so now I have a picture of George Clooney on Pinterest labeled as "Murphy" and he is who I picture when all h*ll breaks loose while DH is gone....and it almost helps, LOL.

So sorry you're going through all this. You are so not alone. We, too, are facing our next deployment soon just months after the last one and I'm not looking forward to George wreaking havoc with our lives again. Big hugs and hang in there. PM if you need to vent/chat/whatever.

crl
04-04-2012, 09:09 AM
:hug: I hope that takes care of all emergencies for the deployment.

Catherine

Pennylane
04-04-2012, 10:28 AM

Agreed!! Hope it's smooth sailing for you from here on out!

Ann

Hawkeyewife
04-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Thanks! I reread my original post --- WOW, so many misspellings. Must have needed another cup of coffee.

I LOVE the idea of giving "Murphy" a name. Sort of like those mayhem commercials on tv. It really isn't so bad, we are all healthy and the van will hopefully be fixed next week. I ordered new car seats for the kids today(which was sort of fun.) Haven't had to do that in a while.

Tomorrow at this time DH should be home (or close to it) and Spring Break will have started. Deep Breath in and out, almost there. :)

Cam&Clay
04-04-2012, 07:00 PM
Oh, honey, I feel your pain. I think you're just getting it all over with now.

And don't you love how much time they spend away BEFORE the actual deployment?

Hawkeyewife
04-05-2012, 08:06 AM
THANKS! I absolutely hate work-ups (which, for us started early LAST summer)... since then DH has been in and out for about 2 weeks to a month at a time. It's not easy, but it's not the hardest thing in the world. I have awesome friends and we help each other out.

The 9 month thing is new, we are used to about a year of work ups and then 6, maybe 7 month deployment. This will be a first for us.