PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have vertigo/dizziness in 3rd trimester

BabyBearsMom
04-04-2012, 10:39 AM
I'm 38 weeks and today I feel really odd. I'm sitting at my desk but I feel like everything is slightly tilted (everything to my left feels a little higher than my right) and I feel a little nauseous. I ate my normal breakfast and have drank plenty of water so far today. I don't remember this with DD1's pregnancy. Anyone else ever have this happen? I would go home and rest, but I don't think that driving is the best idea right now.

edurnemk
04-04-2012, 10:54 AM
I did with my first pregnancy, so far with this one only once. It was so bad one day when expecting DS, I couldn't get out of bed, I happened to have an OB appointment that day and he couldn't find anything wrong with me, we never figured out what caused it.

On my last appointment my current OB did say it was pretty normal, and that I should take it easy, drink lots of water, not stand up suddenly, eat frequently, etc. My blood pressure and everything is perfect so it wasn't a cause for concern to him.

BDKmom
04-04-2012, 10:57 AM
I had a day a few weeks ago where I had some vertigo. Started with rolling over in the bed and seemed to last all day, especially noticeable with position changes (bending over, looking up, etc). I am prone to having vertigo occasionally, so not sure if it was that or pregnancy related, but with all the wacko blood flow changes that occur during pregnancy, I'm sure that affects things. Mine only lasted about a day and a half. Didn't call the ob or anything, since it resolved relatively quickly.

Hope you feel better soon. I know it can be quite scary. Call your ob if things get any worse. Have you had any issues with your blood pressure?

BabyBearsMom
04-04-2012, 10:58 AM
I did with my first pregnancy, so far with this one only once. It was so bad one day when expecting DS, I couldn't get out of bed, I happened to have an OB appointment that day and he couldn't find anything wrong with me, we never figured out what caused it.

On my last appointment my current OB did say it was pretty normal, and that I should take it easy, drink lots of water, not stand up suddenly, eat frequently, etc. My blood pressure and everything is perfect so it wasn't a cause for concern to him.

I was just in yesterday and my blood pressure was also perfect, so I'm surprised to feel this way today. I wonder if she is just pushing on an important artery or something.

zag95
04-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Had vertigo during the first trimester- not sure if pregnancy related, as I've had when not pregnant.

You could try the sea bands on your wrists. Bonine (meclizine) which you can get OTC at the grocery store, also worked. I saw my regular MD and was diagnosed. When I moved my head to the left, my eyes did a funny dance. I got some exercises and drugs to help with the nausea. It was pretty bad- couldn't get out of bed, due to vomiting and spinning.

Hope you feel better!

Jenn850
04-04-2012, 02:00 PM
I definately had spells of this with my last two pregnancies. So far so good this time around, but I am just starting the thrid tri. The doc told me it was realatively normal and not to panic. I know my mother was famous for passing out! Hang in there. I hope you feel better soon.

ast96
04-04-2012, 07:24 PM
It's so weird you posted this today. I have had three bouts of it in the past week -- I am 35 weeks -- and I never have vertigo. This morning it was so bad I ended up throwing up all over a parking lot. I don't think it is pregnancy related in my case -- I am thinking an inner ear thing, maybe related to allergies? A lot of people I know are struggling with vertigo right now. It's AWFUL!

legaleagle
04-05-2012, 09:54 PM
I get vertigo when I'm anemic - have you had your iron levels checked recently?

KpbS
04-06-2012, 01:12 AM
I had this exact type of a reaction with DS1 when I was having an allergic reaction to a food. Had never had a problem with eating fresh peaches before but I haven't been able to eat them since. Hope you feel better!

BabyBearsMom
04-06-2012, 10:42 AM
I get vertigo when I'm anemic - have you had your iron levels checked recently?

I just had my blood work done two weeks ago and my iron levels were great (unusual for me, as I am usually anemic. But they gave me some supplements this pregnancy that seem to be working).

I had this exact type of a reaction with DS1 when I was having an allergic reaction to a food. Had never had a problem with eating fresh peaches before but I haven't been able to eat them since. Hope you feel better!

Ugh, I hope this isn't what it is. During my last pregnancy I randomly became allergic to asparagus. But by the time DD1 was a 1yo, my allergy went away. I did develop an allergy to strawberries when I was 19 that has not gone away though.