PDA

View Full Version : flight help. . . again :)

elismummy
04-04-2012, 11:55 AM
OK, we are flying again with our 3 kids, and of course I am in another dilemma. . . Since the last time, my middle one has outgrown the Radian, and so now I have the following:
DS 7yo 50# currently in a Frontier and Parkway in our cars
DD #1 5yo 40# just bought her new Frontier and a new Parkway
DD #2 14mo 23# Chicco Keyfit (also have Marathon, Radian XTSL adn Boulevard as hand me downs from other kids)

Sssoooo. . . what the heck do I do to travel with them when we go to TX at the end of this month? Before we have brought Chicco, Radian, and Parkway and that worked OK both for travel and for the Jeep Cherokee rental car. . .

I suppose I can bring both Parkways and the Chicco and hope that everything will fit in a rental car (should work right? we haven't actually done that combo in our current cars and I am worried about being able to buckle the Parkways)

Or should I just buy a couple of bubblebums for the older ones and call it good?

Ugh, I don't know, but the choosing and hauling and installing of 3 car seats always seems to stress me out, so I was wondering if anyone had any brilliant ideas?

Thanks!
Kati

rin
04-04-2012, 12:16 PM
My first thought is that I'm really surprised your 5 year old has outgrown a Radian XTSL! How tall is she?

Have your older two ever used backless boosters? Do you think they'd be comfortable keeping the seatbelts in position? If so, that sounds like the best option (two bubblebums/other backless boosters + the Keyfit), unless you're willing to get a minivan or some other car that you wouldn't have to fit two Parkways and a Keyfit all in one row. You *might* be able to do it in the rental car, but it would really just depend on what car you end up getting, and it might not be possible.

hillview
04-04-2012, 02:12 PM
I'd do 2 bumble bums personally unless you think they won't sit right or if there is another concern.