PDA

View Full Version : scooter questions

Percycat
04-04-2012, 01:15 PM
My daughter is 7 is about 50 inches tall and is asking for a scooter. I know nothing about these. She is saying she would like a 3 wheeled scooter. I don't think she has ever ridden one. She likes to ride her bike, but is still using training wheels ---- most likely because she doesn't have a lot of opportunity to ride and I haven't spent time with her to help her learn without training wheels.

What do you al recommend? What do I need to know?

Thanks.
Angela

infocrazy
04-04-2012, 01:33 PM
Personally, I think she is too old for a 3 wheeled scooter. DS2 was zooming all over on his standard 2 wheel razor just before his 4th birthday He is a bit of an extreme but DS1 was doing well with one before 5. I'd go for a 2 wheel razor.

They still both love them.

maiaann
04-05-2012, 04:01 PM
We bought DD this one (sweet pea version - the pink one with streamers) when she was 8. It's a good scooter - no complaints. ;) I didn't really shop around - I just wanted to buy her a "girly" scooter from a reputable brand. This fit the bill. She caught on right away & still enjoys it at age 10.

http://www.amazon.com/Razor-A-Kick-Scooter-Green/dp/B0000BYOZ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1333655894&sr=8-1

mnosky1
04-05-2012, 08:51 PM
My DD got a scooter for her 8th birthday from my mom - she didn't ask for it and it was one of the only purchases I didn't research. It was a regular razor like the PP linked to. My DD finally learned to ride a 2 wheeler at the end if last summer after a bunch of tears after we put in the effort and "made" her do it. But the scooter she picked right up.

KrisM
04-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I'd get the 2-wheel Razor too. My 2 oldest have them and my 7 yo still rides his a ton.

Momit
04-05-2012, 09:06 PM
We have one by Kickboard USA and are very happy with it. DS has the 3-wheel version MiniKick but he is only 3.5. They sell 2 and 3-wheel scooters for older kids as well. I believe there's a code in the bargains forum for $15 off and they are offering free shipping now, too. http://www.kickboardusa.com

Percycat
04-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Thank you all for sharing your experience and recommendations. I found a pink 2-wheeled razor on sale at my local TRU and will pick it up this evening after work. I think DD will be excited on Sunday.

angela