PDA

View Full Version : Any deals on good vacuums???

ckso
04-05-2012, 04:04 PM
Mine just died so need to find a vacuum quick. Preferably something that's good for hardwood floors too.

Anyone seen any good deals? Is dyson worth the price?

jennilynn
04-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Target has had Dysons on clearance and it looks like the DC33 will be $299 starting Monday (stores are closed Sunday.) They also will have a $20 gift card wyb a Shark vacuum and Hoovers on sale too. Wish I was in the market for one but my old vacuum just won't die.

tambo
04-08-2012, 12:39 PM
I just bought a Hoover WindTunnel bagless pet vacuum off amazon for $104 after a $20 mail-in rebate. I haven't used it yet though as I just got it last week. They also have the non-pet version for $80 after rebate, but that one isn't supposed to be used on wood floors, whereas the "pet" version can be used on both. I really thought about a Dyson, but figured I could buy a new vacuum cleaner 3 times for the price of a Dyson and the Hoover got really good reviews on Amazon and Consumer Reports.

ckso
04-08-2012, 02:58 PM
I just bought a Hoover WindTunnel bagless pet vacuum off amazon for $104 after a $20 mail-in rebate. I haven't used it yet though as I just got it last week. They also have the non-pet version for $80 after rebate, but that one isn't supposed to be used on wood floors, whereas the "pet" version can be used on both. I really thought about a Dyson, but figured I could buy a new vacuum cleaner 3 times for the price of a Dyson and the Hoover got really good reviews on Amazon and Consumer Reports.

Do you have the link of the one you bought?

tambo
04-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Here's the link to the one I bought:
http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-WindTunnel-T-Series-Upright-UH70210/dp/B002HFA5F6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334081419&sr=8-1

And here's the one that's $80 after rebate.
http://www.amazon.com/Hoover-WindTunnel-T-Series-Upright-UH70120/dp/B002HFDLCK/ref=pd_sbs_hg_1

I think it's the exact same vacuum, except the attachments are slightly different, the handle doesn't fold down for storage, there's no light, and the brush roll can't be shut off. It was because of the brush roll shut-off feature that I bought the other one, since I want to be able to use it on hardwood floors.

Hope that helps!