PDA

View Full Version : Lululemon coupon?

twowhat?
04-05-2012, 04:52 PM
Does Lululemon ever have coupon codes? I'm on their e-mail list but I have never seen anything, even for Black Friday/Cyber Monday...

wellyes
04-05-2012, 04:57 PM
I will be watching this thread, but, from what I've heard, their business model is no coupons, no discounts and you can only buy their items at their own stores (no TJ Maxx etc).

They do occasionally put items being phased out on sale.

sewarsh
04-05-2012, 05:19 PM
yeah, i wish.
lulu and coupons is laughable.

check out their "made too much" stock, but its typically only marked down 10-20% and its final sale.

twowhat?
04-05-2012, 05:22 PM
Oh, well. At least I won't waste time sitting around waiting for a coupon:)

mjrwe
04-05-2012, 06:19 PM
although, like PP said, the sale items don't get marked down a whole lot it is something to watch for.

There is not uniformity to the in-store markdowns either for items/colors getting phased out (we have 3 in town and at any given time they will have different items marked down at different times) but regardless, they do always mark down more than what ends up being marked down online.

So if you have one that is local and convient you should make it a point to stop in as often as you can.

AEmgee
04-06-2012, 03:32 AM
Lululemon is based in Vancouver, Canada and there is an outlet store located in Burnaby, BC (a suburb of Vancouver) and also in nearby Burlington, WA (one hour north of Seattle). Outlet pricing is not that great, but the items are discounted slightly.

I believe yoga/pilates/dance instructors also get a small discount. Lululemon employees get very significant discounts for personal use purchases but that doesn't help most of us.

hillview
04-06-2012, 07:34 AM
Lululemon is based in Vancouver, Canada and there is an outlet store located in Burnaby, BC (a suburb of Vancouver) and also in nearby Burlington, WA (one hour north of Seattle). Outlet pricing is not that great, but the items are discounted slightly.

I believe yoga/pilates/dance instructors also get a small discount. Lululemon employees get very significant discounts for personal use purchases but that doesn't help most of us.
I should so get a job there!

sewarsh
04-06-2012, 08:43 AM
THere's also an outlet in New York (near Franklin Lakes).

Have any of you checked out Lucy clothes? They are very similar to Lulu, but slightly cheaper. I've got a lot of Lucy & Lulu and like them both a lot.

Babymakes3
04-06-2012, 10:35 AM
I recently figured out there is an outlet near me too and I will be there on the 20th so i'll let ya know how the prices are!

twowhat?
04-06-2012, 10:42 AM
Thanks for all the info!! I wish I lived closer to Lululemon because whenever I stop in I do find stuff marked down. The only thing I've ever bought from them is their Ta Ta Tamer which I live and die for. The salespeople looks at me crazy when I rush in, check the end of the bra rack and either a) rush back out or b) run to the counter with a marked-down Ta Ta Tamer in my size and a HUGE giddy smile.

But I have my eye on the Flow and Go Tote now....

mjmamma
04-06-2012, 02:45 PM
THere's also an outlet in New York (near Franklin Lakes).

Have any of you checked out Lucy clothes? They are very similar to Lulu, but slightly cheaper. I've got a lot of Lucy & Lulu and like them both a lot.

Where's a good place to buy the Lucy? I have Lulu running capris and it's like running in comfortable double spanx! My wallet would love a break though.

sewarsh
04-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Where's a good place to buy the Lucy? I have Lulu running capris and it's like running in comfortable double spanx! My wallet would love a break though.

http://www.lucy.com/
check their store locater.
unfortunately they aren't sold at TJs or places like that either, but some exercises studios are allowed to sell them.
again, they are still pricey, but not as.

3isEnough
04-06-2012, 07:36 PM

Zappos also sells Lucy now, I think with free ship and free returns.

Nicsmom
04-06-2012, 09:17 PM
The only thing I've ever bought from them is their Ta Ta Tamer which I live and die for. The salespeople looks at me crazy when I rush in, check the end of the bra rack and either a) rush back out or b) run to the counter with a marked-down Ta Ta Tamer in my size and a HUGE giddy smile..

Let me tell you I went to a Lulu store for the first time today and I tried the Ta Ta Tamer .... WOW, let me tell you, that bra does magic, it really does. It really tames the Ta Tas . Wow! I want one now.

twowhat?
04-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Let me tell you I went to a Lulu store for the first time today and I tried the Ta Ta Tamer .... WOW, let me tell you, that bra does magic, it really does. It really tames the Ta Tas . Wow! I want one now.

This bra was truly lifechanging for me. I totally cried when I first tried them on and found that they put my very stretched out post-breastfeeding-twins boobs back in the right place, allowed for all the saggy wrinkly skin to fit all inside the cup and smooth it all out, and that the 32 band size (their band sizes run snug) worked for my 29-inch ribcage. And I had been to Nordstrom and tried all the good brands with no success, and had even emailed breakout bras CS only to puzzle them with my issues too. They'd better not EVER discontinue this bra.

cono0507
04-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Lulu coupon? what is this mysterious thing of which you speak? ;)

I'm a huge Lucy fan. LOVE lucy. THey do have sales both online and in the stores. I'm in love with their perfect core pants for yoga/pilates/bootcamp. Also have and love their jackets, t-shirts, tanks. I find the quality to be on par with Lulu. The prices are similar to Lulu but the difference is you can find it all on sale eventually.

sewarsh
04-06-2012, 10:22 PM
Lulu coupon? what is this mysterious thing of which you speak? ;)

I'm a huge Lucy fan. LOVE lucy. THey do have sales both online and in the stores. I'm in love with their perfect core pants for yoga/pilates/bootcamp. Also have and love their jackets, t-shirts, tanks. I find the quality to be on par with Lulu. The prices are similar to Lulu but the difference is you can find it all on sale eventually.

Actually my pilates instructor finds that Lucy clothes last a lot longer and wear better than Lulu clothes. When she told me that, I thought about it and I have multiple Lulu pants that have started balling up. My Lucy pants are still flawless, but they are only 6 months old vs. 2 years.

mjmamma
04-06-2012, 11:03 PM
Actually my pilates instructor finds that Lucy clothes last a lot longer and wear better than Lulu clothes. When she told me that, I thought about it and I have multiple Lulu pants that have started balling up. My Lucy pants are still flawless, but they are only 6 months old vs. 2 years.

Thanks for mentioning & linking it. I've never heard of them but I'm open to it. My Lulu's do ball even though I wash them with like colors and never, ever dry them. Thanks

sewarsh
04-06-2012, 11:17 PM
For Lulu, I'm a Groove pant girl.

For Lucy, I absolutely LOVE these capris:
http://www.lucy.com/lucy-Hatha-Power-Capri/214254,default,pd.html&dwvar_214254_color=LUCY%20BLACK

I like the Perfect Core pants but they are TIIGHTT! REALLY suck you in, like Spanx. So they are very flattering when you stand up, but when you sit down to do pilates or Barre, your fat will hang over it sometimes in certain poses which I don't love. I guess you can't have it both ways! :)

Lucky me, my sister opened up a pilates studio last year and carries Lucy so I get it at cost...50% off retail! i have a bunch of stuff, but the problem is, i don't remember the names of the items so i can't recommend much.

kboyle
04-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Thanks for mentioning & linking it. I've never heard of them but I'm open to it. My Lulu's do ball even though I wash them with like colors and never, ever dry them. Thanks

you can't just wash with like colors and not dry. you aren't supposed to to wash any athletic gear, esp Lulu with cotton, that's how they start to pill.

i got lucky with my lulu stash. i searched on craigslist and a former mgr at our closest store got pregnant and was selling off her grooves, wunder unders, run shorts, and racerbacks...i loaded up!! i've also got stuff from 'we made to much' :)

a local yoga studio also sells lulu and offers 20% coupons on their boutique items too! i need to use mine to grab a swiftly tee!

mjmamma
04-10-2012, 02:39 PM
you can't just wash with like colors and not dry. you aren't supposed to to wash any athletic gear, esp Lulu with cotton, that's how they start to pill.

i got lucky with my lulu stash. i searched on craigslist and a former mgr at our closest store got pregnant and was selling off her grooves, wunder unders, run shorts, and racerbacks...i loaded up!! i've also got stuff from 'we made to much' :)

a local yoga studio also sells lulu and offers 20% coupons on their boutique items too! i need to use mine to grab a swiftly tee!

Unfortunately, it's not always possible! But thanks

3isEnough
04-10-2012, 06:00 PM
I have tons of Lulu and a few Lucy items and I'm the laziest washer around, meaning I throw everything in together without regard to color or fabric. And my Lulu stuff turns out just fine. Go figure :p

Unrelated to Lulu and Lucy, I am starting to notice that our whites could stand to be a bit whiter, so I probably need to put in a bit more effort on those;)

lucybabymamma
04-11-2012, 04:40 PM
LOVE Lucy clothes! The pants are awesome and last forever. The tops are nice, too, although the last few times I have bought a zippered jacket/hoodie the zipper has broken. I do sort of wear them A LOT though!

jennifer2saint
04-11-2012, 04:53 PM
My local TJ Maxx has had Lucy pants and a few tops every time I have been in over the past 6 months!