PDA

View Full Version : Loving the Strider at 3.25

sunshine873
04-05-2012, 11:44 PM
We bought DD her Strider balance bike for her 2nd birthday. She liked it, she sat on it from time to time, but she mostly rode it a few feet at a time in the house. Last fall she'd ride it down to get the mail (about 1/2 a block away) but then would be done & I'd end up carrying it back (which is not a problem because it's super-light.) Still, we wanted to encourage her to ride, so we started giving her the choice of riding or walking back home while she rolled the bike next to herself. Right around her 3rd birthday we took it to a friend's house with us. Her 3.5 yo DS had a Strider too & was doing really well on it. DD was intrigued. Now all of a sudden, at 3.25 yo, she is full-on riding her little Strider bike! She loves it and we do too! I'm so glad we skipped the tricycle & I'm so glad we'll be able to skip the training wheels. She still has plenty of room for improvement on balancing, but she is literally getting better every day. This was worth every penny!!!

citymama
04-06-2012, 01:52 AM
This is good to know! We bought DD2's Strider when it went on sale on amazon.com around the holidays and I've been saving it for her second birthday in May. She's such a shrimp and I wonder how she will react to it. It's good to know that even if she doesn't love it right away, she might in a year or so. Sounds like your DD is loving hers!

AlbrightRC
04-06-2012, 09:49 AM
Glad your little one loves her strider. We bought my son a regular bike this year after having his strider since he was 18 months but he's still using training wheels as he doesn't know how to pedal.

MizMojoLaveau
04-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Yes, ours sat virtually unused from DS2's 2nd birthday until half a year later--now he's unstoppable!

AshleyAnn
04-06-2012, 02:25 PM
This makes me happy. My dad bought DD (2.5) one for christmas after seeing them on youtube and seems a bit disappointed she doesnt take to it like some of the kids on the video. Glad theres still hope it will click