PDA

View Full Version : Inexperience mom shopping for DD

babyfiorina1
04-06-2012, 05:57 PM
Now that 16-month old DD has been walking and no more crawling, I've gotten here more dresses ready for summer. She's been in lots of leggings and tights during winter time and even now too, as the weather is still a bit chilly.

I don't think she needs leggings or anything like that for summer time, so I'm just wondering do I need to get her anything to cover up the diaper though, something like undies ? Sound like a silly question, but it just hit me and I have no clue!!!

And also she's been wearing shooshoos soft soles and HA mocs now, but we're doing more activities outdoor and I wonder if I need to get her something more sturdy. Looking at her shoes now, they aren't really going to match with the dresses she's going to wear in summer. Should I get her real shoes ? or is it too soon for a 16-month old (started to walk about a month ago). Thank you!

citymama
04-06-2012, 06:03 PM
Many dresses are sold with matching diaper covers (included). Funnily enough, we never use them. I usually like Capri leggings to avoid scraped knees (and bc I live in a place with cool summers).

carolinamama
04-06-2012, 08:08 PM
Diaper covers. I have a few that have come with dresses but most of mine are from etsy and personalized. HA playdresses in baby sizes have them. Very cute and simple. Forgot that we also have a few from RuffleButts that are cute but pricey if you don't buy at a discount.

mommytoC
04-06-2012, 09:44 PM
Many dresses are sold with matching diaper covers (included). Funnily enough, we never use them. I usually like Capri leggings to avoid scraped knees (and bc I live in a place with cool summers).

:yeahthat: We've done capri leggings, too, at least until 2-2.5 years; after that, we have a mix of capris and bike shorts.

Re: shoes, we used Robeez Mini Shooz, then Robeez Tredz (once DD#2 outgrew the Mini Shooz) at that age.

BabyBearsMom
04-06-2012, 10:20 PM
We do diaper covers under dresses at that age.

For shoes, I like something sturdier than a soft sole for a kiddo walking outside. Shooshoos has a nice beginner walking shoe as does stride rite. I've heard good things about pedipeds and SKRs too but no personal experience with them

Uno-Mom
04-06-2012, 11:39 PM
Sprog graduated from leather -soled "shoes" to real shoes with flexible soles around 11/12 months. When she started really walking.

crl
04-07-2012, 12:17 AM
I like to keep my kids knees covered until they are older. Seems like every time I put a toddler in shorts he or she gets scrapped knees.

I used Robeez or similar soft soled shoes outdoors until walking was well established. (barefoot inside) When my kids got steady enough on their feet to voluntarily start walking on uneven surfaces like gravel or grass, I switched them to shes with very flexible rubber type soles. Dd walked at ten months and I think we moved to shoes with a rubber type sole around fourteen months.

Catherine

mackmama
04-16-2012, 08:10 PM
DC is 15mo and just started wearing rubber-soled shoes. I bought Stride-Rites and Umi. I like the SR's better because the Umi seem a little stiff. Under dresses, you can do diaper covers. I've had a few that came with other outfits that I rotate through. Or you can just throw some thin leggings on. I hadn't thought about capri leggings - I think I'll get some of those.

marymoo86
04-16-2012, 09:48 PM
I'll second capri leggings. H&M has a bunch of colors for cheap- 3.95.

Also will do bike shorts if little chance of knee scraping.

babyfiorina1
04-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Thanks everyone for the input. Now I know what to get for her ;)