PDA

View Full Version : dress up clothes?

theriviera
04-06-2012, 11:31 PM
we were at a friend's house tonight at DD1 had a blast dressing up in her friend's princess dresses and other dress up clothes (her friend has an older sister that was in dance so a lot of old costumes).

her birthday is coming up so we would like to get her some dress up stuff - dresses, shoes, etc. where do you get yours?

kbud
04-06-2012, 11:43 PM
Little Adventures brand princess dresses are hands down the best. The are machine washable and easy to put on and off. The quality is great. We've had most of ours for over 5 years and they are mostly in great shape. They get worn a lot too! The prices are very reasonable too. I get most of them from Little Dress Up Shop. Great CS...also Amazon carries some.
http://www.littledressupshop.com/

ellies mom
04-06-2012, 11:47 PM
I get some of it from Target (shoes, accessories, etc). I buy fancy Easter dresses a size or so too big when they go on sale. Occasionally, we buy accessories at the Disney store (yes, I fell for the light up Cinderella shoes but they have been a huge hit). I love the Little Adventure brand clothes. They are very well made for the money. I buy fluffy boas and cheap "mardi gras beads" at Michaels and JoAnns.

ahrimie
04-07-2012, 01:58 AM
We got a Belle dress from BRU as a gift and bought a Cinderella Halloween costume (the deluxe version) and both do not keep well. DD wears/wore them often and there are snags and holes. She still loves them but they're definitely raggedy. I'll have to try Little Adventures because its not that much more than what you'd pay at Target.

Melaine
04-07-2012, 02:28 AM
Most of ours we have gotten after Halloween sales. I got a bunch from a costume store going out of business, but that's obviously not easy to come across.

new_mommy25
04-07-2012, 06:54 AM
Little Adventure brands are great quality. They are super soft and hold up really well. Disney Store has beautiful dresses and amazing sales. Their dresses don't look as comfortable to me as the LA, but they sure are pretty.

Seitvonzu
04-07-2012, 08:00 AM
we like variety in our house -- so i go for super discounts on either REAL clothes (this is great for the early dress up age because you can get super fancy stuff at easter/christmas for like 75% off at target) or cheapy costumes. i don't mind paying 3 or 5 dollars for something and not having it last forever... we have so many costumes, that it's not like she's wearing them out (or out of the house)

we've gotten stuff from target (real & costume), old navy, gymboree, also things from "mom's closet", mardi gras beads, random hats. really -- when you start looking you'll be shocked-- it's EVERYWHERE :)