PDA

View Full Version : Booster recommendations?

lexie's mom
04-07-2012, 11:06 PM
I have 4 Nautilus seats (2 in each of our vehicles) and need a spare for my mother's car. My first DD are 50 inches and 45 pounds and the second is 35 pounds and 40 inches and 35 pounds. I would really love one that both DDs can use in case of an emergency and one that is not as expensive as the Nautilus.

Also, I would just like to verify that I should start to strap my DD whom is 50 inches with the regular seatbealt when she hits 52 inches and no longer the harness.

Thanks in avance, I appreciate any suggestions.

hellbennt
04-08-2012, 02:14 PM
maybe this will help? High Back Booster List (http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=366265):)

lexie's mom
04-08-2012, 10:11 PM
Thanks, I did look at that link first but still not sure which one would be safest if my younger Dd would be in it since she is 35 pounds and 40 inches. I will go back and check it out again.

Joolsplus2
04-09-2012, 11:13 AM
Nautilus harness must not be used when your dd's shoulders are over the top slots or 65 pounds. The height limit is just a guideline, but shoulders being at the top slots is your main thing to look for.
Did you want something to harness the younger one and be a booster for the older one? Tougher to find that then you'd imagine, because most combination seats require you to remove the harness for booster use. Graco Turbo is a nice inexpensive seat that will fit both girls fine, but 4 might be a little young to be using a booster. Evenflo Maestro or Secure Kid might be a good choice for the little one, Turbo or something taller than the Nautilus for longer use later, like the Parkway SG might be a good idea :)

lexie's mom
04-09-2012, 03:13 PM
Nautilus harness must not be used when your dd's shoulders are over the top slots or 65 pounds. The height limit is just a guideline, but shoulders being at the top slots is your main thing to look for.
Did you want something to harness the younger one and be a booster for the older one? Tougher to find that then you'd imagine, because most combination seats require you to remove the harness for booster use. Graco Turbo is a nice inexpensive seat that will fit both girls fine, but 4 might be a little young to be using a booster. Evenflo Maestro or Secure Kid might be a good choice for the little one, Turbo or something taller than the Nautilus for longer use later, like the Parkway SG might be a good idea :)

Thanks so much, Julie. I feel better that she has a little more time with the harness since her shoulders are still good with the slots.

I did prefer to harness the younger one, but it seems that it is a challenge for one to fit both needs. Maybe I will seriously consider the Parkway then have the Nautilus become our spare. I will also check out the Maestro and Secure Kid. But, I do like the price of the Turbo. Thanks for narrowing down the choices.

From the research on this site it seems that the Monterey compares to the Parkway? Is one better than the other?

Thanks again, I greatly appreciate all of your advice here on this site!

Joolsplus2
04-09-2012, 03:24 PM
Monterey and Parkway are the two top tall/sturdy contenders right now... but each has it's pluses and minuses, namely they fit kids differently and may not work perfectly in various cars, in terms of how the shoulderbelt can fall out of the belt guides. Monterey is really heavy and one you'd want to leave in one car, PW is easier to move around. Any way to try one or both of them out before buying? At least buy from a store where you can return to a B&M location (Target, BRU, Kohl's, come to mind).

lexie's mom
04-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Thanks again, you are the best! You have made this process a lot easier.

lexie's mom
04-13-2012, 12:32 AM
After much research, I am going with the Turbo Booster for our spare for our DD7 whom is 45 pounds and 55 inches. Thanks again for all of your help!