PDA

View Full Version : Convertible Car Seat in 2012 Hyundai Elantra Touring

eridri
04-09-2012, 12:54 PM
Hello everyone!

I am looking at switching my son from an infant seat in the next couple of weeks and I have been researching the First Years True Fit Convertible Recline and the True Fit Premiere pretty extensively and I really like the looks of both of them.

I am planning on ordering the seat through Amazon and I'm just worried that it won't fit front to back in our new car.

We will be rear facing since my son is only 6 months. He is around 16 pounds and about 27 inches tall.

I have been looking all over to try to figure out if either of these seats will fit in our car without having to have the front passenger seat pushed too far up for it to be comfortable.

We are going to be going on a cross country road trip soon so it is important that the front seat can be comfortable enough for someone to sit in the whole way.

We are flexible with where we install the seat. Right now we have the infant seat installed on the outside behind the passenger seat but we are open to a center install as well (the only reason we don't have it there is because our last car suggested not installing a car seat in the center.)

Thanks in advance for any help!

legaleagle
04-09-2012, 01:15 PM
No idea on your specific car but the true fit is pretty good on front-to-back room due to the way the shell curves. And since your son is only 16lbs you should have quite a few months to go before you have to put the top part back on and by that age you can put it fairly upright to save even more room. Even my long torsoed, very tall, not too heavy DS1 hit the weight limit (22lbs) well before the height limit on that. Not sure how/if the recline/premiere models change that - we have the base model. If you're ordering from amazon you can always just return it too. :)

Joolsplus2
04-09-2012, 03:14 PM
The Premier model has much better rebound protection, which is good for heavier/taller rearfacing kids, and the way the bar is, it makes it easier to reach the harness adjuster flap.
Those or any Britax will work in your car just fine, assuming the front seat passengers don't *need* seats to be way way back because they are super tall :)

eridri
04-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the input! I have also been looking at a number of Britax seats. There are so many out there that it is just hard to decide...

Most likely, if my husband is in the passenger seat he will need the seat to be further back. He may not need it all the way back but he is just over 6 feet tall and the way it is now with our Chicco Keyfit is not comfortable for him...

We've got a few weeks to get this figured out but I would really like to get my son used to the seat before we drive across the country.