PDA

View Full Version : Should we buy a new infant seat?

Jacksmommy2b
04-09-2012, 04:13 PM
Just curious if anyone can offer some advice.

We have a Chicco Keyfit 30 in Fuego from the last kid. It was bought brand new right before he was born in Dec '09. I don't have the exp date on hand, but I do know it was made shortly before we bought it, so it has plenty of life left. It is in great condition, with the only pilling on the infant insert. I remember it being heavy, but they are all heavy, right?

Normally I wouldn't have thought to replace it, but DH suggested our daughter-on-the-way should have a pink seat. :) While I'm never opposed to a new seat ;) I really don't want to bother going through seat shopping unless there is a reason better than pink!

Have there been any new or exciting changes in infant seats in the last few years?

With my first kid we had a combi seat I adored, are they even available anymore? Should I just stick with the chicco and buy a pink shower-cap cover as I originally planned?

edurnemk
04-09-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm in the same boat, with our Graco Safeseats from DS, but it expires in Dec 2012. I'm seriously tempted by the Cybex Aton. there's been a couple of recent threads, it's lighter and more compact but also goes to 30ish pounds. If not I'd consider the Teutonia because of the nice fabrics.

mariza
04-09-2012, 04:43 PM
If I had a seat that was in good condition and had 3 years of life left in it I would continue to use it. Use the money you would spend on a new infant seat to put towards a great convertible since that is the seat you will be using for several years. Congrats on the new baby!

Joolsplus2
04-10-2012, 09:40 AM
I'd just order a new cover from Chicco, or one of the bokoo covers that they approve... http://www.bokoocovers.com/Chicco-KeyFit-and-KeyFit-30-Cover.html (Well, I'd do neither, I made my dd ride in every color but pink, poor kid was bald and everyone thought she was a boy :rotflmao:)

Congratulations!

AnnieW625
04-10-2012, 10:03 AM
I would use the same seat, just get a new cover for it. I'd rather spend $170+ on something else.

Jacksmommy2b
04-10-2012, 07:08 PM
I can't believe it never even occured to me to try chicco!

I called today and they can't give me the exact options without my seat #, but they were able to tell me that a new cover, canopy and shoulder pads was only $39!

Woo Hoo!

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
04-10-2012, 08:08 PM
:thumbsup::D:cheerleader1: