PDA

View Full Version : First purchase at Boden... dangerous

TxCat
04-10-2012, 11:33 PM
So, I finally purchased a few things at Boden, thinking that I would likely be returning all of it. A few items are delayed, but so far I'm keeping everything. This is no good for my shopping diet at all.

tarnator
04-11-2012, 12:32 AM
I completely understand.
I made my first purchase 2 months ago and I love everything. i ended up returning 1 cardigan. But I am really impressed by the quality and fit.

BabyDahl
04-11-2012, 01:19 AM
I'm in the same situation. Ordered 1 tunic, loved it, ordered another...and another...and another. I've returned 4 items and kept 5 items, but it's only been about 7 weeks. Yikes.

citymama
04-11-2012, 01:39 AM
TxCat, what did you get? IIRC, we're about the same build, so what worked for you may work for me...welcome to the dark side!

WatchingThemGrow
04-11-2012, 06:19 AM
Yep, I'm loving all my striped essential tees and my casual jersey dress. Can't wait for the other one to arrive!

arivecchi
04-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Some of their stuff is really cute, but the fit is off for me with a lot of items. Enjoy your new clothes!

TxCat
04-11-2012, 07:37 AM
TxCat, what did you get? IIRC, we're about the same build, so what worked for you may work for me...welcome to the dark side!

I'm trying to inject some color into my wardrobe (getting away from my usual black, white, tan look) so I was looking for fun summer stuff to wear casually or dress up a little with accessories:

Long-sleeve Breton top in Navy/cream (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WL630/Womens-Long-Sleeve-Breton-Top.html) - looks great with white jeans or white or tan shorts. Very soft too.

Boho tunic in Harbour (navy) color (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Petite-collection/WA361/Womens-Boho-Tunic.html). Normally very NMS, but this (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Knitwear/Cardigans/WK716-ECR/Womens-Natural-Melange-Como-Cardigan.html?NavGroupID=6) picture inspired me - I'm trying to copy the whole look. And I just realized now that they got that sweater back in stock. Arrghh.

I'm still waiting on these two items:

stripy tunic in radish (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tunics-Kaftans/WL656-LBR/Womens-Taupe-Stripe-Stripy-Tunic.html)

Santorini shift in pewter (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Dresses/Above-Knee-Dresses/WH337/Womens-Santorini-Shift.html)

Hopefully I don't like the last two items so I can return something!

arivecchi
04-11-2012, 07:41 AM
Love the boho tunic! Darn you, now I want it!

DrSally
04-11-2012, 10:56 AM
I really like Boden, but only have a few items. I'm obsessed w/all things stripped, so I really like the top and tunic. So casual, but so chic at the same time. I agree that the photo of the boho tunic is so beautiful.

citymama
04-11-2012, 11:48 AM
I'm trying to inject some color into my wardrobe (getting away from my usual black, white, tan look) so I was looking for fun summer stuff to wear casually or dress up a little with accessories:

Long-sleeve Breton top in Navy/cream (http://www.bodenusa.com/en-US/Womens-Tops-T-shirts/Long-Sleeved-Tops/WL630/Womens-Long-Sleeve-Breton-Top.html) - looks great with white jeans or white or tan shorts. Very soft too.

Hopefully I don't like the last two items so I can return something!

I love my summer Breton tops - I bought them at EOS last year for $25 each. Really soft and they wash and wear beautifully. I have one of those striped tunics but it went back. That print tunic is cute!

tarnator
04-11-2012, 11:11 PM
I got that striped tunic in navy! I love it. In fact I want another colour too, but I can't quite justify it....

It is like a perfectly fitted t-shirt and I can't wait to wear it when the weather warms up. The fabric is perfect weight (hides muffin top) and I like the little hidden pockets as I am always having to put little kid hair elastics somewhere....

My only debate is what colour leggings to wear with it. Oddly the navy Boden leggings don't match it. Could I get away with charcoal, I wonder?

brittone2
04-12-2012, 08:51 AM
I hope you don't mind my piggy backing off this thread, but is anyone on gymbo friends? There's a review of the boden outlet on there that comes up in google but I can't read it because I'm not a forum member. Just wondering if anyone had heard any updates on the outlet, other than the fact that they don't carry mini as far as I know.

OP-I really like your choices!!!

citymama
04-12-2012, 01:27 PM
I hope you don't mind my piggy backing off this thread, but is anyone on gymbo friends? There's a review of the boden outlet on there that comes up in google but I can't read it because I'm not a forum member. Just wondering if anyone had heard any updates on the outlet, other than the fact that they don't carry mini as far as I know.

OP-I really like your choices!!!

I am on GF - the Boden outlet is in Pittston, PA. Are you near there these days? I can do some research and try and find out more; I have been avoiding reading about it since I know I will pretty certainly never get a chance to go there!

brittone2
04-12-2012, 02:39 PM
I am on GF - the Boden outlet is in Pittston, PA. Are you near there these days? I can do some research and try and find out more; I have been avoiding reading about it since I know I will pretty certainly never get a chance to go there!
CLose enough for a day trip.

Someone's trip report comes up if you google but you have to be registered at GF to read. Just curious what pricing is like (significantly better than sale pricing or not really, that type of thing).

citymama
04-12-2012, 02:53 PM
CLose enough for a day trip.

Someone's trip report comes up if you google but you have to be registered at GF to read. Just curious what pricing is like (significantly better than sale pricing or not really, that type of thing).

Here's the trip report. Knowing how nice you are, I am sure the poster would have been happy to share with you! Still, I will delete from here in a few days because I don't want to violate any GF rules. Incidentally, it looks like she found mini items as well as mama items:

"So I finally made the trip to check out the boden outlet store in Pittston, PA. The building they are in is on Main Street and the area is being revitilized. There was on street parking and an open lot across the street. There also was a coffee shop afew doors down with free wifi for those with spouses to entertain. http://www.gymbofriends.com/images/smilies/smile.gif There is a nice comfy couch in the front of the store for which my hubby made himself at home. The store itself is not very large. It is sparsely but elegantly displayed with past season merchandise. The shoe selection was impressive (better than what I've seen at the warehouse sales), but alas, my size 12's are too big for Boden so I did not investigate further and depress myself! There were 3 or 4 racks of dresses/blazers/jackets based on a range of sizes per rack. Mainly one of a kind items. I was looking for size 18 and did find quite afew dresses in my size. A few very fancy but beautiful ones I have no need for. Prices on dresses were $40. Not bad and probably similar to warehouse sale pricing. There were some units with folded sweaters and skirts. I found nothing in my size on them. Also some dresses on hooks around the walls. There was a unit with some handbags (10 tops). One of a kind, again. I found a nice spotty belt for $20. I think it's on clearance now for over $30, so that was good. Glad I got to try it on instead of risk the mail order. I also found a cool chunky necklace that was $20. I got a nice wool scarf too. They did have some kids stuff!!!!! Maybe about 3 small tables. There wasn't alot and again, one of a kind items. Prices for tops/bottoms for mini was $15. I think I paid $10 for tops/bottoms at the warehouse sale, but I didn't have to wait 2 hours and fight off 1000 people, so $5 extra is worth it. I found 2 pair of lined skate pants for my son size 8 ($45 usually) and we love them for camping. 2 long sleeved applique shirts also size 7-8. I got my daughter a cool pair of tall purple leather boots that are lined with white fleece for $20. ALso got her a pair of flowered corduroys size 10 and a full set of PJ's (2 tops/2 bottoms) size 9. My bill was $190 for all. I did not think that was a bad deal since I currently have 2 tops and 2 pants in my 'Buy 3 get 1 for $1' cart and it's $92. So a whole bag of stuff for this price was reasonable. I only noticed one Johnnie B sweater. So none of that line is really there. There was a small table of pant items and one small rack of menswear....I'm not too fond of the mens line. I know no one who would wear those bright prints. For sure, not my husband! http://www.gymbofriends.com/images/smilies/smile.gif If you are looking for specific stuff....you will probably be disappointed. I am happy with what I found. I buy alot of preworn/returned/flawed items at the warehouse sale and they did not have any of that here. Everything I inspected was first quality merchandise. Wish they had more items out.....cause knowing what I find at the sales, they have tons to spare. The women working were super friendly. They told me the next warehouse sale is in Oaks PA in April. THey are going to continue the 'moving' sales. I haven't been to one since it was still at the Pittston Warehouse. 73 South Main Street Pittston PA (Hours are SAT 10-4 and SUN 12-4 ONLY)"

brittone2
04-12-2012, 03:26 PM
Thanks citymama! THat helps! I just wasn't sure what to expect-stuff that was dirty, etc. like the warehouse sales apparently sometimes have, or what kind of selection. Nice that there is mini-for some reason I thought I read there wasn't any mini.

I would offer to pick stuff up for the BBB crew, but it sounds like it would be difficult to do so based on the trip report...would be hard to say I'd be interested in X item in X size. I could always look if you want something in particular :)

We've been to the area before a few times so it would be a fun stop along the way. DH has been wanting to take the ILs and the kids back to the RR museum at Steamtown.