PDA

View Full Version : Child size table/chairs

wendibird22
04-11-2012, 12:46 PM
I'm ISO a nice table and chair set for our living room. Up until now we've been able to use a Little Tykes folding picnic table. But, DD1 is almost 5yo and getting too big for it and the table top isn't big enough for both DDs to having coloring projects spread out w/out it turning into an argument. I want something sturdy w/o tippy folding chairs.

I've heard good things about the Ikea one but haven't seen it IRL because the closets Ikea is 3hr away across the border.

Nyfeara
04-12-2012, 08:16 AM
We have the Ikea table and chairs (Mamut, I think) in our living room. DS is 4and it fits him fine. Our daycare uses the same tables & chairs from Ikea. Adults can sit in the chairs too, not so comfortable, but they'll hold. They're very easy to clean.

We went to Lowe's this past weekend & they had a small resin/plastic type kid's table & chairs. Each item is one piece (not multiple parts - legs, seat, back, etc), but the table top is smaller than the one we have from Ikea.

DietCokeLover
04-12-2012, 08:40 AM
We have a rectangular table like you would find at a preschool. It can be made taller as dc grow. We have chairs like that too. We got them from Discount School Supply.

ssgg
04-17-2012, 04:12 PM
We have http://www.sensoryedge.com/astachbyki.html with 2 extra chairs so we have 4 chairs total. It's sturdy, wood, and looks nice w/o being plastic and too colorful. Got before DD was 2...now she's 3.5 and still uses it everyday. Never fallen off a chair and she can move the chair by herself. It wipes clean easily...just like my kitchen table. We probably got it from Amazon.

ssgg
04-17-2012, 04:23 PM
We have http://www.sensoryedge.com/astachbyki.html with 2 extra chairs so we have 4 chairs total. It's sturdy, wood, and looks nice w/o being plastic and too colorful. Got before DD was 2...now she's 3.5 and still uses it everyday. Never fallen off a chair and she can move the chair by herself. It wipes clean easily...just like my kitchen table. We probably got it from Amazon.

lhafer
04-20-2012, 01:19 PM

We have this same set and LOVE it. My 6 year old and my 2 year old use it daily, throughout the day. Very easy to clean. We have the 2 chairs, and I also have a Nilo activity table and the stools that go with that, and if we need more than 2 chairs, we use the stools. They are they same height as the chairs. My kids love their table. The chairs are very sturdy, and I sit in them as well sometimes (and I'm a hefty girl).

My 2 year old loves to move the chair over to the counter when I'm cooking to watch what I'm doing and help. The table gets moved around the house as well depending on what they want to do with it.

Here's my 2 year old when she was about 15 months old sitting at the table.