PDA

View Full Version : 2 weeks on MFP...what am I doing wrong?

ohiomom1121
04-12-2012, 10:19 AM
I've been tracking for 2 weeks now, lost 4.5 lbs and in the last two days 2 are back. That feels like zero progress. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I've been really good about tracking and eating much better than I usually do. I'm wondering if I would do better on WW. I really need to drop some lbs before summer since we bought a pool pass. Any suggestions?

Oh, and ignore my ticker...that was the combined weight lost from when I attempted this last time...ugh.

arivecchi
04-12-2012, 10:48 AM
IME, MFP is not an overnight thing. It took me about 9-10 months to lose 25 pounds. The first week or so seems to mostly be water weight. The pace seemed to pick up a month or two into the process. Are you eating more than your allotment? I hit a plateau at one point when I was eating below my allowed calories.

ohiomom1121
04-12-2012, 08:30 PM
I was afraid of that. I've been sticking pretty close to the calorie count, but I definitely need to see some results or I know I will start slacking. I used to diet years ago and I would lose 5 pounds the first week, then usually 2 each week after that. At least that is motivating. I swear it's been impossible to lose anything after #3.

arivecchi
04-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Yes, it's way harder to lose with each kid IME. Stick with it though! It works! You just need to exercise so you get to eat those calories as well. It really jump starts your metabolism.

ohiomom1121
04-12-2012, 09:57 PM
I started doing some kettlebell workouts that I really like. Hopefully numbers will start to drop. :)