PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with this symptom? (possible TMI)

BDKmom
04-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Last night and this morning I have had blood in my urine. Definitely not vaginal, I've checked a million times. I'm 33 weeks with no other symptoms. No pain, no fever, no aches. Last OB appt was Friday, everything fine with my urine then. I left a message at my OB's office first thing this morning, haven't heard back yet, and was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts or BTDT?

swissair81
04-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Could be a uti or kidney infection. Both can cause preterm labor, so I would get it checked out.

sntm
04-12-2012, 04:16 PM
Agreed. could be UTI or kidney stone. There is something where people have benign bleeding from the bladder (usually after physical activity like jogging) but I'd rule out serious things first. UTI easy to check for - call them and see if you can drop by for a urinalysis with reflex culture. They will be able to confirm it is blood, also.

jerigirl
04-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Have you eaten anything lately that could discolor your urine? Beets?

edurnemk
04-12-2012, 06:06 PM
The only time I've had blood in my urine, it was a UTI.

swissair81
04-12-2012, 06:34 PM
The only time I've had blood in my urine, it was a UTI.

I actually have a chronic problem that I always have microscopic amt of blood in my urine for no apparent reason. To date, no one has been able to figure it out. Annoyingly, it often means I get diagnostic tests to rule out infections and such, because they can't call it an infection just from the strip. That's not really common though. Also, if you have frank blood (as opposed to microscopic) in your urine, you definitely need to get it checked out ASAP.

BDKmom
04-12-2012, 07:57 PM
Went to the dr this afternoon--UTI. Started me on antibiotics. I had a hard time getting a call back from the OB, which I find very frustrating, but once I got there they took care of me quickly. I'm headed out in the morning for an overnight trip to meet up with a friend for some shopping and relaxation, so I wanted to make sure I got everything taken care of so I could enjoy the trip.

amldaley
04-13-2012, 06:41 AM
Went to the dr this afternoon--UTI. Started me on antibiotics. I had a hard time getting a call back from the OB, which I find very frustrating, but once I got there they took care of me quickly. I'm headed out in the morning for an overnight trip to meet up with a friend for some shopping and relaxation, so I wanted to make sure I got everything taken care of so I could enjoy the trip.

Glad to see it was a simple Dx...enjoy your special day out!!!

MamaSnoo
04-13-2012, 07:53 AM
Hope you are feeling better soon. Glad you got it checked out!

Melaine
04-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Glad all is ok!

mctlaw
04-13-2012, 10:22 AM
BDKMOM, glad you got a quick diagnosis and they are taking care of you!

BDKmom
04-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Thanks, ladies, for the input and good wishes. Felling better now and enjoying my girl time!