PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of a deal on Vitamix or Blendtec?

mamatomax
04-12-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm ready to buy, but I want the best price possible. Thanks!

echoesofspring
04-12-2012, 08:07 PM
I looked and looked and finally decided my best bet was the 20% coupon at Bed, Bath and Beyond. I ordered my over the phone from my local store, I mentioned I had an online only coupon and they honored it. Since they don't carry them locally, they also gave me free shipping, which I would not have gotten if I had actually ordered it on the website. HTH.

Melaine
04-12-2012, 08:16 PM
I saw a refurb blendtec yesterday on dealmac. Not sure about this particular model and I'm wondering if it would even fit under the counter.

Here it is. (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blendtec-ICB3-13Amp-Commercial-Smoothie-Blender-110V-/350555573882)

crunchy
04-12-2012, 09:41 PM
Is there a pattern to when Costco has their Vitamix promotions?

mom2akm
04-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I'm hoping to get a blendtec too! But I have to wait for my $30 Oster blender to die first!

I think the best way to get it is from Costco roadshow if you have a Costco membership. It's $350 + tax but Costco has an excellent return policy. And it's priceless to have a worry free purchase. You can also get it online in Costco.com for $400 + tax and that has 2 jars. But I don't think I need the extra jar and am trying to save $50!

I just checked out the Bed Bath and Beyond blendtec and the price is definitely better but the product is not exactly the same as Costco's.

Tell us what you decided to do!

ahisma
04-12-2012, 11:55 PM
Is there a pattern to when Costco has their Vitamix promotions?

If you call your Costco, they can tell you when the next Vitamix (and Blendtec) promotion will be for that location. We have two nearby and they are on very different schedules, it's worth it to call around.

lovin2shop
04-13-2012, 01:18 AM
Our Costco regularly stocks them, even when there is not a roadshow. I would just call to find out before going, then check out the online videos if you are interested in some demos. Vitamix Lady has some good ones on YouTube.

sujathas
04-13-2012, 11:05 AM
I'm looking for the same! From my limited research, I think I'm going to buy a blendtec (rather than the Vitamix), because I have limited counter space and read that the Blendtec fits under cabinets (but the Vitamix does not). Also the blendtec is around $100 less, but seems to generally blend as well for my needs (I'm not blending complicated things like wheat grass etc. Just fruit and veggie smoothies and soups).

Regarding blendtecs, it seems that the "Wildside" jar is the one to get. There is also a "Four side" jar, but that is not as good for blending fruits, etc. It seems the wildside design helps suck the food down, so you don't need a tamper or something to keep pushing it down manually. From what I've read, the blendtec with the four side jar, but without the wild side jar, is a little cheaper (around $300). Costco.com sells the blendtec with both jars for $400, but supposably frequently has $30 off sales that bring it down to $370 (including shipping, but i'm assuming not including tax). It can be nice to have that four side jar if you want to blend items like nuts/flour, so that it doesn't scratch your wild side jar for liquids. Anyway, that's what I've read online in my research so far!

So I'm not sure if bedbatbeyond's blendtec includes the wild side jar or not. It does not appear to, as per the picture. I'm going to call my local costco about their upcoming roadshow. I've heard the blendtecs sell for around $350 then, with one jar. I wish that $30 off coupon deal would just come up, so that I could buy the one with two jars for $370. I have heard of them coming cheaper on other sites, but I think Costco and Bedbathbeyond's return policies are the best (unlimited returns forever...)

researchedout
04-13-2012, 11:12 AM
I second the Costco rec! The 5200 is on sale fairly often.

Tondi G
04-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Don't know where you are in Florida but this page tells when the Vitamix shows are coming to area stores..... lots of costco's in Florida!

http://content.costco.com/images/content/misc/pdf/032812+USp86+SpecialEvents+SE.pdf

Boca Raton Apr 2–15 Vitamix blenders
Brandon Apr 16–29 Vitamix blenders
Davie Apr 20–29 Blendtec blenders
Fort Myers Apr 2–15 Vitamix blenders
North Miami Beach Apr 2–15 Vitamix blenders
Winter park Apr 2–15 Vitamix blenders

lovin2shop
04-13-2012, 03:46 PM
I'm looking for the same! From my limited research, I think I'm going to buy a blendtec (rather than the Vitamix), because I have limited counter space and read that the Blendtec fits under cabinets (but the Vitamix does not). Also the blendtec is around $100 less, but seems to generally blend as well for my needs (I'm not blending complicated things like wheat grass etc. Just fruit and veggie smoothies and soups).

Regarding blendtecs, it seems that the "Wildside" jar is the one to get. There is also a "Four side" jar, but that is not as good for blending fruits, etc. It seems the wildside design helps suck the food down, so you don't need a tamper or something to keep pushing it down manually. From what I've read, the blendtec with the four side jar, but without the wild side jar, is a little cheaper (around $300). Costco.com sells the blendtec with both jars for $400, but supposably frequently has $30 off sales that bring it down to $370 (including shipping, but i'm assuming not including tax). It can be nice to have that four side jar if you want to blend items like nuts/flour, so that it doesn't scratch your wild side jar for liquids. Anyway, that's what I've read online in my research so far!

So I'm not sure if bedbatbeyond's blendtec includes the wild side jar or not. It does not appear to, as per the picture. I'm going to call my local costco about their upcoming roadshow. I've heard the blendtecs sell for around $350 then, with one jar. I wish that $30 off coupon deal would just come up, so that I could buy the one with two jars for $370. I have heard of them coming cheaper on other sites, but I think Costco and Bedbathbeyond's return policies are the best (unlimited returns forever...)

The Vitamix that is sold at Costco actually does have the smaller container that fits under the cabinets. However, I think the Blendtec is a great choice, but definitely go for the Wildside version.

ahisma
04-13-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm looking for the same! From my limited research, I think I'm going to buy a blendtec (rather than the Vitamix), because I have limited counter space and read that the Blendtec fits under cabinets (but the Vitamix does not).

My Vitamix fits under my cabinets okay. I love it and use it daily. I really think that they're both good blenders though. I know that something swayed me to the vitamix, but I don't recall what anymore!

ang79
04-14-2012, 12:41 PM
This may be a silly question (and yes, I'm still getting by w/ my cheapo Hamilton Beach blender but I know it is going to die on me sooner, rather than later, and then would like to invest in a quality blender), but what is the difference between these blenders and the Magic Bullet? A friend of mine recently got the Bullet and is raving about it and the many ways she uses it.

Also, I have a food processor that I "had" to have on my wedding registry (my mom had a food processor so of course I thought that I needed one too!). I've used it maybe 3 times in the almost 9 years we've been married. Its just too much of a hassle to assemble and then disassemble and clean. So if I need to puree, chop, etc. things I used my blender. I don't make fancy foods here, so any slicing I do by hand. Would one of these fancy blenders give me more options and then I could get rid of the food processor? DH keeps making fun of me because it just sits in the cupboard, but it was a gift and no cost to me, so I keep it "just in case" I'll need it someday.......

mom2akm
04-14-2012, 11:21 PM
This may be a silly question (and yes, I'm still getting by w/ my cheapo Hamilton Beach blender but I know it is going to die on me sooner, rather than later, and then would like to invest in a quality blender), but what is the difference between these blenders and the Magic Bullet? A friend of mine recently got the Bullet and is raving about it and the many ways she uses it.

I'm no expert on Vitamix or Blendtec since I don't have one but from my research, it seems that they can be used as a blender, food processor, bread machine, ice-cream maker. And even hot soup too. I was amazed that the soup come out hot from the machine. Hope this helps!