PDA

View Full Version : Good basics (leggings, etc) for travel?

theriviera
04-13-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm headed to Europe for work next week. I have a long flight and i'll also spend a day or 2 sightseeing. I want to look stylish but also want to be comfortable. I was thinking that leggings and tunics with black flats could work. Trouble is, I leave Sunday so I need to find things locally.

We have most stores here that I can hit up today. Who has good leggings? What about tops?

Thanks for the last minute advice!

elektra
04-13-2012, 12:46 PM
What's the weather going to be like?
I always like to bring a scarf or two as well, you can use it as sort of a wrap on the plane for warmth and it can spice up a more basic outfit.
I like jeans too, as they have pockets for id's and such which come in handy in the security lines. I usually wear jeans or cargos for the actual plane ride day.
Too bad you can't hit up Boden for the tunics and leggings!
I know that people have said they like the Kohl's leggings- Ithink they are by Vera Wang. I might also try American Apparel, or even Target.
Maybe just head to the mall!

crl
04-13-2012, 12:50 PM
I have heard good things about Hue leggings. I think Nordstrom's has them.

Catherine

citymama
04-13-2012, 05:48 PM
Maybe you can buy some Boden leggings in London - they're the best!

Gap or American Apparel aren't too bad either.

kozachka
04-13-2012, 06:39 PM
I would not wear leggings and tunic for sightseeing in Europe. Dark jeans would work much better IMHO. Depends on a country, but in general, if you overdress vs. USA, especially when you go out in the evening, you won't go wrong.

Second the suggestion to bring a scarf or better yet a pashmina on the flight.

wallawala
04-13-2012, 08:14 PM
If you are at Nordstroms check out the Lysse control top leggings (in bras/shapewear dept). $58 of pure legging love! I think they have full lenght and capri.

ourbabygirl
04-13-2012, 10:49 PM
I got my Hue leggings at Macy's (in case that's closer for you). :)
Have a great trip!