PDA

View Full Version : laundry stain help

echoesofspring
04-13-2012, 12:45 PM
I'd love some suggestions for help cleaning the following items:

a) cotton tablecloth (linen color) with an old, old, old winestain. I have a feeling that DH washed it with the winestain on it as I didn't even know it was there until I went to use the tablecloth at easter. I have tried soaking in oxyclean (1 or 2 hours), soaking in hydrogen peroxide/dishwashing soap mixture, and maybe the stain has faded a little bit, but not much. Is it hopeless at this point?

b) chocolate stain on silk shirt. the instructions say dry clean only but I've washed it on delicate with gentle detergent and it seems ok, I've blotted the spot with the detergent, but I'm scared to try anything else...Would a dry cleaner be able to do something?

c) matte jersey dress with something really sticky - gum or some sticky construction material (I think I picked it up on a gig at a brand new restaurant) or something similar. We have a bottle of 'desolve it', try that? This is one item of the 3 that I haven't already washed a couple times so I'm most optimistic about it, but no idea how to proceed.

TIA!

BabbyO
04-13-2012, 03:34 PM
I'd love some suggestions for help cleaning the following items:

a) cotton tablecloth (linen color) with an old, old, old winestain. I have a feeling that DH washed it with the winestain on it as I didn't even know it was there until I went to use the tablecloth at easter. I have tried soaking in oxyclean (1 or 2 hours), soaking in hydrogen peroxide/dishwashing soap mixture, and maybe the stain has faded a little bit, but not much. Is it hopeless at this point?

Hmm...I would have recommended Oxy...so I'm not too sure here.

b) chocolate stain on silk shirt. the instructions say dry clean only but I've washed it on delicate with gentle detergent and it seems ok, I've blotted the spot with the detergent, but I'm scared to try anything else...Would a dry cleaner be able to do something?

I have great luck using Dreft spray stain remover. It is pretty gentle.

c) matte jersey dress with something really sticky - gum or some sticky construction material (I think I picked it up on a gig at a brand new restaurant) or something similar. We have a bottle of 'desolve it', try that? This is one item of the 3 that I haven't already washed a couple times so I'm most optimistic about it, but no idea how to proceed.

TIA!

I'd definitely try the desolvit or goo gone on the sticky stain. I used goo gone on a sticky grease that got on a light pair of cotton shorts and had great luck. desolvit got rid of cherry chapstick all over my work clothes. These would have been my first two suggestions.

Best of luck!