PDA

View Full Version : Sheet Savers - Quick Zip Sheets, Ultimate Sheet Saver...

jeichmann21
04-13-2012, 10:25 PM
Help! Here is my dilemia....obviously I don't want to have to spend hours fighting with removing sheets, mattress pads, whenever there is an accident, but I really want to use my 'cute' sheets.

It looks like you can use any sheets under the Ultimate Crib Sheet and still see the cute sheet. But many people think these are dangerous and poor quality with pilling occuring after 1 or 2 washes.

Then I looked at the Quick Zip sheets but you can't use your 'cute' sheet with this system.

What rec'd do you have for the fastest, most convenient way protect the bed when their accidents but still be able to use your 'cute' sheets?

Thanks!

lowrioh
04-14-2012, 12:07 AM
I don't use a mattress pad and just change the sheet when there is an accident. We have a foam mattress on the crib and if there is no bumper or mattress pad to worry about it takes a minute, max. Even with the mattress pad I could get the sheet and pad off and a new set on in a couple of minutes.
When the girls were really little and not moving around in their cribs I would just relocate them to a dry spot on the crib sheet if it was a small spit up or urine leak. Now if A's pull up leaks at night, I have been known to throw down a towel over the wet spot and put her back to bed. :bag

Remember that most crib mattress are coated in a vinyl type fabric so they wipe off so you don't worry about wetness soaking in like you would on a normal mattress.

Liziz
04-14-2012, 10:26 AM
I thought a lot and did a ton of research into all those sheet-saver systems, but ultimately, I bought regular mattress pads and nothing else. I have a 2-month old, so haven't had experience with bigger kids/messes, but at least for little ones, they're not worth it, IMO.

First, we bought a light foam mattress (the soybean one that the book recommends). So changing the sheets is really not that hard -- the mattress is so light, it's easy to do.

Second, I agree with the PP -- I've only had to actually pull sheets off the bed in the middle of the night once (huge diaper blowout). For all the other little messes (like spitup all over), I just move my baby to another part of the crib. Right now she's so small and the crib's so big, that works well. Then, I can deal w/ cleaning the sheet when I have time.

Finally, I sometimes layer the sheets, too -- so, I put on a mattress pad, a sheet, then a second mattress pad, then a second sheet. When the top sheet gets messy, I can just pull the top sheet and mattress pad off, and there's another set just waiting underneath. (Warning on this one...I've read opinions that this can be dangerous, because it can make the sleeping surface too soft and cushy for a baby, or the sheets can be stretched too much that they don't hold the mattress well and pop off. When I actually tried it with our sheets and mattress pads (all-around elastic and only did 2 layers), I felt very comfortable that it was still safe, so I do it. But, just wanted to throw that out there).

sunshine873
04-14-2012, 01:54 PM
I just layered sheets too.
1-Waterproof mattress
2-Sheet (with elastic all around)
3-Waterproof mattress pad (to protect the sheet underneath)
4-Sheet (with elastic all around)

If a sheet needed to be changed in the middle of the night, I'd just slide off the top sheet & mattress pad & there'd be another sheet there waiting. Ahhhh. :)

Seriously, I don't think I'd want to deal with a zipper in the middle of the night. That just sounds like a nightmare. It was really easy to just take off a layer & move on.

It never seemed to puffy for baby, and my sheets never got stretched out & moved around. I'd definitely go that route again.

mjs64
04-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Just one sheet here, over a mattress with a waterproof coating built in. Oh yes, I bought pads, but they are a pain and overkill for us so far (DS is 14mo).

jbbhb
04-14-2012, 02:28 PM
I love my quickzip sheets. I can't believe I waited so long to get them, in the end, sacrificing cuteness was worth it! (especially being pregnant!)

AngB
04-14-2012, 02:57 PM
I love my quickzip sheets. I can't believe I waited so long to get them, in the end, sacrificing cuteness was worth it! (especially being pregnant!)

:yeahthat: (except we had them from the start.) I really like ours, and I think they are just as cute as the ones that came with the bedding set that we wasted money on.

wendibird22
04-14-2012, 03:29 PM
I have the ultimate crib sheet. Hardly ever used it. I actually use it more now on DD1s twin bed to protect from pull up leaks. For the crib it was just easier to change the sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barkley1
04-14-2012, 04:16 PM
I love the ultimate crib sheets. I have used them for 2.75 years w DS and 6.5 months with DD without a problem ever, safety wise or quality wise!

ExcitedMamma
04-16-2012, 11:09 AM
Another vote for the Quik Zip sheets. They are so easy to use and have held up really well. Might not be crucial for a little baby but now that my DS is 2 and accidents soak everything they are so great and I've loved having them from the beginning. In fact he somehow wet thru his diaper this morning after he came into our bed and I really wish our sheets were so easy to change! We have two regular sheets and two of their soft blue plush sheets which I think are so great in the winter, especially before you can have a blanket in the crib, and even after since blankets don't stay on. Highly recommend a removable mattress pad and not the kind that go around the corners like on an adult bed. I had the latter at first and so glad I got the other kind as it really makes everything easier with the simplicity of the zip sheets.

Mopey
04-16-2012, 02:54 PM
I like white sheets and have been LOVING my quick zip set up!!! Seriously, so convenient and easy. LOVE it, can't say it enough. I have a few cute sheets (and one is on right now) and I am just a little scared for having to change it in the middle of the night. The only saving grace is I got an organic lightweight mattress which is much easier to maneuver.

But seriously, I am returning the favor with the friend who gave them to me off my registry - giving her two sets and an extra sheet for her shower. Great investment/idea IMHO :)

mackmama
04-16-2012, 08:01 PM
I have the ultimate crib sheet. Hardly ever used it. For the crib it was just easier to change the sheet.

:yeahthat:

AngB
04-16-2012, 10:34 PM
Another vote for the Quik Zip sheets. They are so easy to use and have held up really well. Might not be crucial for a little baby but now that my DS is 2 and accidents soak everything they are so great and I've loved having them from the beginning. In fact he somehow wet thru his diaper this morning after he came into our bed and I really wish our sheets were so easy to change! We have two regular sheets and two of their soft blue plush sheets which I think are so great in the winter, especially before you can have a blanket in the crib, and even after since blankets don't stay on. Highly recommend a removable mattress pad and not the kind that go around the corners like on an adult bed. I had the latter at first and so glad I got the other kind as it really makes everything easier with the simplicity of the zip sheets.

What kind of mattress pad? Would you mind linking an example? We don't really need one now but as DS gets older we probably will.

ExcitedMamma
04-17-2012, 11:53 AM
Quick Zip sells one so you can see that as example of the mattress pad that just lies under the zip top sheet so when you change the zip sheet you can just pull out the pad and replace it with another and a new sheet. Obviously if you have a soaked mattress pad that went around he mattress you would lose the convenience of the zip system if you had to take everything off. The Quick Zip pad doesn't get great reviews but I bought it anyway since I love the sheets but it doesn't hold up well and gets lumpy and out of shape. I bought two other styles from Amazon, forget their names, that just lie flat and have worked well and are a lot cheaper.

AngB
04-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Thanks!

vdrake71
04-18-2012, 04:16 PM
I have used the ultimate crib sheets for the last 8 years and have never had a problem with anything. Each child is different. With one of my children, I was changing the ultimate crib sheet very frequently.

If I was buying sheets now, I would look into the Quick Zip and compare the two.

This is one item that I really did appreciate having compared to the many other baby items.

edurnemk
04-18-2012, 04:25 PM
I've never had the ultimate crib sheet or anything similar, but here's an alternative to use the sheets you like: I use a waterproof mattress pad, then a sheet on top of it, then a large waterproof pad (not the mattress one with elastic all around, just a flat one) on top of that and another sheet on top of that. Then if there's an accident/leak in the middle of the night, I just pull off the top sheet and waterproof pad and there's a nice clean sheet already there. Easy peasy.