PDA

View Full Version : House Hunting Sucks!

amandabea
04-14-2012, 06:31 AM
Especially when it is done 1) from across the country and 2) with my DH!!!! We can't afford what I really want, we don't know much about the area, we cant see the homes or area in realtime, and we can't agree on anything! I know there are people and families dealing with much harder issues, but I'm slowly going insane...make that quickly. And sometimes I just want to throttle my DH. We actually have made an offer on a home that I could see us living in for 20+ years, but now he is unsure because I can't answer specific questions and he doesn't want to make the wrong decision. Granted he hasn't seen the home in real life. I have, but only briefly as I wasn't expecting to make an offer until our actual househunting trip. ugh!

Nicsmom
04-14-2012, 08:29 AM
I've been there, and it's very stressful. I have moved (to different cities) 4 times in the last 10 years and in my experience you need to let go of the idea that you'll find the perfect home. No house is perfect. They all have pros and cons, you need to find the one with the least cons, and one that you see yourself owning for the next 5 years. I know it sounds like you are settling for less, but IMO, part of the stress comes from unrealistic expectations. This seems to be the case with your DH, and it makes a lot of sense since he has not seen the homes in real life, but he'll soon realize that you need to make a decision. Good luck!

cas
04-15-2012, 04:49 PM
We are currently in the same boat as you, moving from WA to VA. DH is actually flying back right now after spending 24 hrs there this weekend looking at houses. Once again not a one is good and many seem way overpriced. I'll probably be flying back for a weekend in a couple of weeks. The best was a house listed as 4 bedrooms that we saw last month. The house actually had 3 bedrooms but they had taped off an area of the floor where you could put up a wall and make a 4th bedroom. Come on!
I just wanted you to know you're not alone. Good luck!