PDA

View Full Version : First day on Concerta

HIU8
04-14-2012, 09:27 PM
DS had day 1 of concerta today (18 mg). He went from totally flat to hyper to beligerent, back to hyper and then finally settled down. I didn't see this day one on the focalin. I hope it is not like this daily and it was just b/c it's new med. I felt like I had multiple personality disorder today the way I had to constantly switch how I was dealing with DS.

crl
04-14-2012, 11:23 PM
I hope things get better!
Catherine

SummerBaby
04-15-2012, 03:25 PM
My DD (7.5 years) was on Concerta in December and January. It really helped her focus, but she really got irritable and moody sometimes- it was like you describe- multiple personality. She is on Vyvanse now with hardly any side effects. Sometimes I think she is a little too subdued, but her schoolwork is so much better I'm going to stick with it for the rest of the school year. The med thing is hard to figure out, isn't it?

HIU8
04-16-2012, 10:07 PM
Day 2 and day 3 were sooo much better. Mood swings still happen, but they are so much less intense than before. DS seems to now be more even keeled (at least the past 2 days).

crl
04-17-2012, 02:53 PM
Day 2 and day 3 were sooo much better. Mood swings still happen, but they are so much less intense than before. DS seems to now be more even keeled (at least the past 2 days).

Hope things continue to get better! We had mood issues with meds too. Sucks.

Catherine