PDA

View Full Version : Stupidly Jealous

MamaMolly
04-15-2012, 09:20 PM
DNiece got her ears pierced today and I'm jealous. This is so silly and petty, but I've been wanting to get Lula's ears pierced for a while, and Dolly's practically since she was born (she was one of those androgynous looking babies and people assumed BOY since her ears aren't pierced. We live in a culture where girls have their ears pierced as babies.). DH doesn't want the girls to get their ears pierced yet. :(

Anyway, DNiece got rid of her last pacifier last night (yes, she's 3 months younger than LULA) so off they went today and got her ears pierced.

And I am SO JEALOUS!!!! :banghead:

crl
04-16-2012, 12:30 AM
Aw, I'm sorry. You'll get to have that special moment too. :hug:

Catherine

AshleyAnn
04-16-2012, 12:47 AM
Awww can you compromise and do DD1s now and wait to do DD2s? Does DD1 want them done? If she doesnt now I would expect her to want it in the near future. Usually girls start asking around 5/6 yrs

I keep thinking about having DD's done but she's 2.5 and it just seems sort of anticlimatic to do it now. Might as well wait until she wants it done and its a big deal.

MamaMolly
04-16-2012, 04:17 PM
We'd been talking it over, watching You Tube videos (only the happy ones!!) to see what it will be like. She even picked out the starters she wants. You guys would not have believed how sad her little face was when I told her that DN got her's done. :(

elephantmeg
04-16-2012, 04:27 PM
DH and I are discussing it too. Although he (for once) is allowing me to take the lead on it-although DD has to decide when she is ready. We've been watching you tube videos too and I think she is getting closer. I love girls in earrings!

AnnieW625
04-16-2012, 06:53 PM
That's a bummer. I had always told DD1 that she had to wait until she was 10 like I did (the age was prompted because I had a friend who got hers done at 6 or 7 and they kept getting infected), but now with DD1 I am thinking that I will let her get them done when she has her first communion at just 8 yrs. old. I think DD1 would look adorable with earrings too so that doesn't help me much either. Right now DD1 only has one friend at school with them, but last year at ballet and at church school almost all of the other girls had them so that was hard and I wasn't ready for a then 4 yr. old to have them.

I don't think DH cares either way as long as he doesn't have to take care of them. DH is half hispanic and my MIL had them done at birth, but we've never gotten questions from family about why we haven't done it yet.

MamaMolly
04-16-2012, 11:22 PM
Waaaaaa! It only gets worse. They were Hello Kitty. :( :( :( So stinkin' jealous!!!