PDA

View Full Version : Have to have painted toenails with peep-toe shoes?

stefani
04-16-2012, 11:41 AM
I am tempted to get the Cole Haan Air Tali Open Toe Wedge 40 in cove.

Now, do I have to paint my toenails to wear that? I prefer pumps, but I think I need to refresh my wardrobe with more Spring / Summer stuff. I am a Winter, so my shoes are black, red, and wine colored. :-)

It is hard for me to find comfortable shoes and I can't wear too high nor too low of a heel. If you have /tried those shoes, do you like them?

TIA!

Charlie
04-16-2012, 11:52 AM
I don't have them but they are cute! Yes, I think you need to have painted toenails to wear them as they are a dressier shoe.

mimi2008
04-16-2012, 06:20 PM
i definately make an effort to paint them if I know I'm wearing my peeptoes to work.

kozachka
04-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Yes, but only the nails of toes that pp would be able to see ;).

stefani
04-20-2012, 05:42 PM
OK, I have them coming :-)

I haven't painted my toenais since.... way too long.

Kozachka, I chuckled at the image of a few but not all painted toenails! :hysterical: Sometimes I take my feet out of shoes to just get comfortable. That makes it required that I paint all of them then? Usually I try to be discreet...

Thank you everyone!

wellyes
04-20-2012, 05:58 PM
They do need to be painted, but even a pale pink is good enough. I have zero skillz when it comes to nails- but pale pink is very forgiving of imperfect application. Or, better yet, get one of gel pedicures that lasts for weeks at a time.

kozachka
04-20-2012, 08:01 PM
Kozachka, I chuckled at the image of a few but not all painted toenails! :hysterical: Sometimes I take my feet out of shoes to just get comfortable. That makes it required that I paint all of them then? Usually I try to be discreet...

I've done it in a pinch :bag, but you have to be careful and make sure that other people don't see you barefoot. I do take my shoes off occasionally under my desk. Here, I said it.

Now that DS is older I bring him to the chemical odor-free nail salon with me, he enjoys massage chair and iPhone while I have my nails done. It's my treat at the end of the week-end, I also get a pedicure once a month or 6 weeks. Summer and open toes shoes are a great excuse for that :loveeyes:, not that I need one. I like to have my nails done.

stefani
04-26-2012, 12:50 PM
The shoes arrived. O, I so want to love it... The middle of my right toes feel squished though, and they don't make 6.5 wide width. :-( I can wear 5.5 or 6 wide for other shoes, but these seems narrow and short).

I would still recommend the shoes to try on, but it just doesn't fit my feet, so they are going back.

I like the nude color as well.