PDA

View Full Version : Frontier 85 Tips for Install? (Or am I crazy?)

carolinamama
04-17-2012, 04:10 PM
DS1 is in a FR85, harnessed. We love them and have no trouble installing in my Ody. But I have to recline the seats and then sit them back up to get a really tight install.

DS1 is leaving tomorrow with my MIL for a few days visit at her house. The last time he went with her, he rode in his HBTB. BUT....a few months ago she had DS2 for a visit and ran a red light. She totaled her car with him in it. Everyone was okay. Only casualty was DS2's MA. My first thought was "Thank goodness it was DS2 in the car since DS1 would have been in a booster". DS1 is 6.5 and pretty good about sitting upright but I still just stress out about it. MIL doesn't really have much carseat savvy and I know she thinks I'm over the top. So two questions:

1. Am I crazy to want to install the FR85 in her car instead of using a HB booster?

2. Any tricks to installing this seat in a 2012 Accord?

Thanks!

Joolsplus2
04-17-2012, 06:49 PM
I'd want to install it...you don't want any distractions, like him being out of position and grandma having to look back and remind him to sit right, kwim?
Should actually install fine even without seat reclining...do you already pull the belt through the front of the seat to get it tight? That's the main thing you have to do (not pull the LATCH strap out to the side, or the shoulderbelt out to the side when getting the lap portion tight, but rather pull the cover apart and pull the belt/tail up through the front of the seat).