PDA

View Full Version : How to store DD's paperbacks??

nmosur
04-18-2012, 10:36 PM
Thanks to Scholastic book orders from school, we now have over 200 paperbacks. Right now I have them all stacked in the Expedit but it gets messed up every single day. What is the best way to store these?? Any ideas???

clb
04-19-2012, 08:14 PM
I use a closetmaid cubeical from target for toy storage. I use a fabric bin to store paperback books. It is easy to flip through the books when the bin is pulled out, but doesn't look messy.
IIRC, the itso fabric bin fits in the expedit.
http://www.target.com/p/iTSO-Large-Fabric-Bin-Ebony-Polka-Dots/-/A-12918111?reco=Rec|pdp|12918111|ClickCP|item_page.a djacency&lnk=Rec|pdp|ClickCP|item_page.adjacency

swrc00
04-19-2012, 08:43 PM
I store DS's in baskets. In my classroom I use plastic shoe boxes turned horizontal on the shelf and have them sorted into categories. I love love Scholastic!

nmosur
04-20-2012, 08:36 AM
Thank you for your responses - I am going to try the iTSO bin. I tried the Container Store's multipurpose bin (XL) which was great to organise but difficult for DD to get into. She almost dropped the whole bin on her foot - I had it on the second row of the Expedit which was a mistake - I should have put it on the bottom row. Off to Target to get a bin :-)

And PP, I love Scholastic too! And I yesterday I browsed the Scholastic, India website and I am so thrilled that they have a lot of the books that DD is into - which means that I don't have to carry books to India this summer. Plus, they are cheaper in India!