PDA

View Full Version : Birthday gift ideas for 7 year old boy?

WatchingThemGrow
04-19-2012, 11:31 PM
DD's BFF is turning 7 and needs a great gift. This kid is awesome, so we want something really cool.

cono0507
04-20-2012, 12:00 AM
DD's BFF is turning 7 and needs a great gift. This kid is awesome, so we want something really cool.

There is a line of star wars themed science sets out and my ds received the volcano set for his 7th bday. Barnes and noble carries them. It is a volcano structure with places to put baking soda/vinegar/etc to create the eruption and small star wars figurines to set out amid the lava. He loved it. There are some other science kits I saw from that line too.

He also got a chess set which he loves and the games battleship and stratego which were big hits.

KpbS
04-21-2012, 12:55 AM
You can't go wrong with any Lego set and a gift receipt :) esp. the Lego Ninjago or Star Wars Lego sets.

WatchingThemGrow
04-21-2012, 06:21 AM
UPDATE: We ran into said birthday boy at a nighttime school event, then at TJ's yesterday. I'd told him to think of a gift he would like, then tell DD. He told her during the day he was "still thinking" but as soon as we saw him at TJ's, he said that he would love an outdoor toy. I suggested stomp rockets (said he just got some an hour before) and he finally came up with his OWN soccer ball! His mom said, "But you don't like to play soccer!" He replied that with his own ball he might actually get better and like it, lol!

Thanks for the ideas!

crl
04-21-2012, 09:15 AM
Perfect! Sports gear is a big hit with my ds (8 years old).

Catherine