PDA

View Full Version : Beach Tote Recommendations?

Mommy2Abby
04-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Hi - I'm looking for a small beach tote to take on vacation - any suggestions?

Ideally, I'd like it to have a zipper on it and I'd like to be able to fit our magazines, kindles, sunscreen, etc. in it. Doesn't need to hold towels.

TIA for your suggestions!

smiles33
04-20-2012, 01:14 AM
I haven't received mine yet, but I just bought a Saltwater Canvas bag. Mesh so sand can drain out....google it. I only know about it because it was highly recommended here (there was a thread earlier this week).

kristac
04-20-2012, 06:26 AM
2nd the Salt Water Canvas rec. Love our whale bag.

lchang25000
04-20-2012, 08:26 AM
We to Hawaii last week and used the medium Lands End canvas zip top bag. I would definitely use it again as a beach bag!

brittone2
04-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Piggybacking off the saltwater comment, if I have 3 kids and 2 adults, I assume I pretty much need the whale sized bag? I know there have been old threads, but is that thing absolutely enormous? I want plenty of room but am worried it will be so big I won't want to lug it.

hellokitty
04-20-2012, 08:55 AM
I was going to recommend LL Bean's beach tote, but I just checked their site and see that they no longer carry them. I have 3 in different sizes and colors and absolutely adore them. They are lightweight, have tons of pockets around the outside, are nylon so easy to wash and brush off and have a zipper too. We often use them for overnight bags for the kids stuff. Maybe LL Bean will release a new beach bag when summer is closer.

ourbabygirl
04-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Just wanted to share a coupon code in case it helps any of you buying a Saltwater Canvas bag. :)

I finally got around to e-mailing the company last night to ask about a discount or coupon code, and got the response back today that "summer" (without the " marks) will give you $3 off (type it into the coupon code section when you're placing your order on their website. And if you get an 'irregular' bag, you'll save a little bit more.

Gracemom
04-20-2012, 09:12 AM
I got this one for a friend last year and she really liked it: http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=536503&cmSource=CrossSell&relatedProductId=537408

TwoBees
04-20-2012, 09:23 AM
I have an LLBean adventure tote that I love. It looks like they changed the style a bit for this year...mine has 6 outside pockets and this has 2. But it would still be a great bag. :)

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/49542?feat=sr&term=adventure tote

hellokitty
04-20-2012, 09:36 AM
I have an LLBean adventure tote that I love. It looks like they changed the style a bit for this year...mine has 6 outside pockets and this has 2. But it would still be a great bag. :)

Yes, I had the old one too! It's too bad they downgraded to just two pockets, but I like the material they used for the bag, sturdy, lightweight and washable.

SnuggleBuggles
04-20-2012, 09:39 AM

That's what I use too.

fortato
04-20-2012, 10:17 AM
While I love my Saltwater Canvas bag, I have to mention that you should bring your Kindles or cameras in a different bag... while the sand can fall out of the bag, it can also just get in... I keep a 31Bags Zippered pouch for my valuables.

gatorsmom
04-20-2012, 10:24 AM
Piggybacking off the saltwater comment, if I have 3 kids and 2 adults, I assume I pretty much need the whale sized bag? I know there have been old threads, but is that thing absolutely enormous? I want plenty of room but am worried it will be so big I won't want to lug it.

It's really big but not impossible to tote around. I got one last fall to lug all my kids' things to swim lessons. I typically sign them all up at the same time (to avoid so much driving) and so I needed a bag taht could carry everything. I can get a change of clothes for each kid as well as a pair of tennis shoes for each, flip flops for each, swim goggles, flippers, some snacks, and an athletic size towel (like the kind provided for at the Ymca or a gym) for each kid. I carry that thing into the Y along with my purse and can still hold 2 kids' hands. I'm 5'4." So, it's big, but you wouldn't have to attach wheels and drag it behind you. :ROTFLMAO: I love it and think it will be great for our family trip to Florida this summer.

Hope that gives you some idea of the size. :)

Mommy2Abby
04-20-2012, 10:30 AM
Thanks so much for all of the recommendations!

I decided to go with the LLBean Adventure Tote as I think it will keep the sand away from our Kindles. (The One Step Ahead recommended bag also looks great - love the personalization!)

The Saltwater Canvas bags look neat, too - but figured I'd need an extra pouch in them for kindles (as a pp suggested).... trying to cut back on stuff to cram into my suitcase!

TwoBees
04-20-2012, 10:45 AM
(The One Step Ahead recommended bag also looks great - love the personalization!)

I think you can add a monogram to the LLB tote! :)