PDA

View Full Version : Facial hair and teasing in Kindergarten

lkarp
04-20-2012, 10:59 AM
DD1 came home from school yesterday saying a classmate (let's call her K) was asking her "Why are you growing a beard?" and that she has peach fuzz all over her face. This has made an impression on Mila, because she keeps talking about it and wanting to know whether I know what peach fuzz is. This just breaks my heart! DD1 is only 6!

Her hair on her upper lip is pretty dark and she does actually have a little fuzz on parts on her face, but I didn't really want her to worry about it until she is older. I mentioned to her that I have hair on my face and I do wax. I've searched past threads regarding shaving/waxing legs and read about Smooth Away. Would this work for a 6 year old? Will I be setting her up for body issues if I let her "take care" of the facial hair? FWIW, DD still dresses modestly and has not mentioned wanting to change her clothing.

I will be so glad we'll be out of school soon. This is not the first issue we've had with K. I just pray they won't be in the same class next year!