PDA

View Full Version : Garage sale questions!

traciann
04-20-2012, 01:54 PM
I am having a garage sale tomorrow. I have a couple of questions. What time should I start it? Should I price everything or leave it and let them offer a price? I am going to put a sign up at the end of our street...is there any other helpful tips?

LMPC
04-20-2012, 01:56 PM
We typically start at 7am but people will come earlier. Post it to CL with general directions of how to find your house. IMO people are more willing to buy things when priced....but that doesn't mean you can't toss a bunch of stuff in a box marked "$.50"

Have fun!

SkyrMommy
04-20-2012, 02:31 PM
We usually start around 8am knowing that around 7am early birds will show up. We use the pre printed stickers to label things and then have a few boxes of same price things. And a free pile (always goes quick!)

We list on CL with directions, and if we list in our local paper you get a free garage sale sign or two to post at the end of the street & your driveway.

randomkid
04-20-2012, 02:47 PM
I used to price everything, then decided it wasn't worth my time. We start at 8am and usually wrap up by 2 since most people are done shopping by then. The last sale I had, I used pre-printed stickers for a lot of items, then had tables with signs - a .50 table and a 1.00 table. I have found that things sell better on tables. If I have a box of stuff sitting out, people don't even look in it. If I run out of time, I will put boxes out, then start putting things on tables or hanging them during the sale. I didn't price absolutely everything last time and people would just ask the price. To me, that is also a bit harder because I have to think about what I want for it. I don't mind doing it for a few things, but wouldn't want to for everything. Good luck!