PDA

View Full Version : 10th Anniversary?

calv
04-20-2012, 03:02 PM
What, if anything did you do? We're just not one of those couples that would leave our kids for a week. So curious what did you do for your 10th anniversary? :D

lcarlson90
04-20-2012, 04:35 PM
Our 10 year anniversary is in September and we are going to Playa Del Carmen for 6 nights. :D

SnuggleBuggles
04-20-2012, 04:44 PM
We left our kids and went to Belize for a week. And it was wonderful! Sometimes a trip sans kids is much needed, even if you don't think it would be.

lhafer
04-20-2012, 04:47 PM
We had a 2 year old at the time, and weren't comfortable leaving her either. So we didn't do anything special. :( I doubt we will be able to do anything for our 15th (next year) - so I'm holding out hope we can do something for our 20th. The kids will be almost 12 and 8 by then. If I can't leave them for a week with the grandparents by then....I have some serious issues!! ;)

On the other hand, my friends are leaving for a week to Jamaica at the end of the month. They have a 5 year old, 2 year old, and are newly pregnant as well, and they figure they won't get another adult only vacation for a LONG time. Grandma is coming to their house to stay with the kids.

calv
04-20-2012, 04:55 PM
I'd love a 2 maybe 3 night max away. ITA that it's a must for every couple but a week is too long for us.

It's not always about going away either. Just dinner and dancing as a couple is a great time. Thinking maybe a fancy dinner/tickets to a show/play? Baseball game. Not set on anything yet. Hence why the curiousity as to how others celebrated.

melissaflorida
04-20-2012, 05:53 PM
We just got dressed up and went out for a gourmet dinner & champagne. Perfect for us.

~Melissa

wellyes
04-20-2012, 06:14 PM
We went to a grown up restaurant -- really expensive but also really good. It was lovely. The kind of place where dinner takes at least 2 hours, no need for a show. We got cocktails to start, a bottle of wine during and port at the end.... not that we are huge drinkers, we just took our time and talked.

That weekend we went camping with the kids.

pomegranate
04-20-2012, 06:42 PM
Our "Big 10" is coming up in August. We have one kid, a 4-year old boy, that we don't want to leave behind too. We're thinking of a trip, maybe a weeklong cruise where we can drop off DS at the kid area occasionally so we can do stuff on our own too, but most of the time we'd spend the vacation as a family. If not a cruise, maybe Hawaii. We had a honeymoon on Maui. But Hawaii in August is a bit yuck weather wise.

Beckylove
04-20-2012, 07:05 PM
We are going away for five days to san Francisco and napa. Grandma is watching the kids.

missliss55
04-20-2012, 07:55 PM
We live in Northern CA so we rented a house for 3 nights in Sea Ranch near Mendocino. It was super relaxing. IL's came to watch the kids. Next year is our 15th and we are going to go to an all-inclusive in Mexico for a week.

billysmommy
04-20-2012, 08:00 PM
We went to Savannah for 4 days without kiddos. We honeymooned there and Charleston and loved it there. We had such a great time just relaxing and remembering everything that brought us together in the first place. We went back last year for our 11th and are on our way there right now for our 12th. It's "our" place and the boys love spending time with my parents or the IL's.

SnuggleBuggles
04-20-2012, 08:08 PM
My friends did a nice dinner followed by a night in a great hotel in the city. I always think that is a nice option. There is something cool about no bedtime or morning parenting duties to really relax you

buddyleebaby
04-20-2012, 08:45 PM
My parents offered to watch the kids so we could take a vacation, just the two of us. We decided instead to take the whole family to Disney, and bring my mom and sister along for baby-sitting in the evenings.

Our anniversary fell on Good Friday so there was no celebration the day of, just cards and kisses.

MommyAllison
04-20-2012, 08:52 PM
Next year will be 10 years for us, and we're hoping to go to Hawaii, and we'll bring the kids along. Our family vacation is usually a road trip, so we're using our 10th anniv. as an excuse to upgrade, basically. ;) We'd originally hoped to return to the resort where we honeymooned in Mexico, but there's been some safety issues in the area the last few years, so we probably won't.

AJP
04-20-2012, 10:43 PM
We did a nice dinner and celebrated with a trip to Atlantis in Paradise Island where we honey-mooned. The trip was actually on our 11th anniversary since we had to wait for the birth of DS and for my husband to be able to leave his business. Looking back I can't believe I left my then 4mo old AND 3yr old twins. My poor, poor, saint of a mom...she made our trip happen since she babysat!

fauve01
04-20-2012, 10:45 PM
After *years* of infertility and IVF and miscarriages, DD was born on our 10th anniversary. :cheerleader1:
(I sometimes tell people that I asked DH for somethng big and expensive--i got something that gets bigger and more expensive every year... :ROTFLMAO:)

A + DD 10-03

Tenasparkl
04-20-2012, 10:48 PM
After *years* of infertility and IVF and miscarriages, DD was born on our 10th anniversary. :cheerleader1:
(I sometimes tell people that I asked DH for somethng big and expensive--i got something that gets bigger and more expensive every year... :ROTFLMAO:)

A + DD 10-03

I love this!

MoJo
04-21-2012, 05:29 AM
Not much because I was 37 weeks pregnant. But I hope you come up with something that's perfect for you!

Jen841
04-21-2012, 07:33 AM
First trip and we loved it! We had a 5 day window that we could go, and we snagged it.

Grandparents have been offering for a few years, and due to recent loss we should start taking advantages of their offers we have decided. My son considers Grandpa who lives 1/2 a country away one of his best friends, it is priceless. Days of reprogramming/despoiling are required, but worth it.

Our 'short' escapes spots we have done (day/night here and there) or want to do from Philly...
Hyatt Chesapeake Resort
NYC
Bedford Springs
Hershey Resort
Lodge at Woodloch
Downtown Philadelphia
Annapolis

Reader
04-21-2012, 06:28 PM
We didn't really have anyone to leave the kids with, so we went on a cruise to Alaska with our 7, 5 & 1 year old. It was terrific!

KrisM
04-21-2012, 08:42 PM
I guess we're boring! My parents watched the kids over night and we stayed home. It was nice being home and not having the kids here. We did go out to dinner, to a regular restaurant, not very fancy. We rarely go out at all, so it was a treat. We slept in the next morning, which was great.

TxCat
04-21-2012, 08:52 PM
I dream about a trip away, or even a night away. I agree with others that said getting away from bedtime and morning duties would do a lot to relax you (and help you celebrate!).

ZeeBaby
04-21-2012, 09:17 PM
This year is our 10 year anniversary. My family decided to do our family reunion cruise this year and I really wanted to go. It is such an amazing opportunity for all of the extended family to be together I couldn't pass it up. DH and I try to take one trip together every year so I don't feel the pressure to do anything this year. We can do our usual trip next year. We might do an overnight at a hotel just to commemorate.

MelissaTC
04-21-2012, 09:25 PM
We went to Vegas for a week. We had a ball!

plusbellelavie
04-21-2012, 09:47 PM
We had a romantic weekend in a beautiful hotel in Paris and ate at Le Jules Verne restuarant on the 2nd floor of the Effiel Tower. It was lovely,relaxing, and quite memorable for the occasion.

erosenst
04-21-2012, 10:20 PM
Ours is next month. We're going to Las Vegas for four nights, while DD (8) stays with a trusted sitter. (We don't have family who can stay with her, so have left her with sitters overnight in the past for various reasons. Know we've done 3 nights; this may be first time for 4 nights.)

Nice hotel, nice restaurants, pool time, Elton John concert. No/minimal responsibility. Very much looking forward to it.