PDA

View Full Version : Help dress our family for pictures

maylips
04-20-2012, 03:13 PM
I've got a question about cute-but-not-over-the-top family photos.

My mom made DS some shorts in fabric similar to this:
http://www.joann.com/little-lisette-collection-fabric-little-blue-stripe-poplin/zprd_10903995a/

(the colors in his striped shorts have these colors instead: turquoise, yellow, red, black, white, pink). He has a red polo shirt that looks great with the shorts.

She made DD a sundress in a similar fabric that's not the same but matches (mostly turquoise with yellow thread).

I don't know what DH and I should wear that doesn't make us all look like clowns or that we're trying to hard to be The Matching Weirdo Family.

I am considering white denim for me but have no idea what top. I thought about DH wearing a yellow polo with jeans.

I've seen sites with great outfit suggestions but not as many that feature such bright colors. What are your suggestions?

crl
04-20-2012, 03:20 PM
I would pull solids from the kids clothes and wear those. So you could do turquoise with white denim and dh yellow polo with jeans, for example.

Catherine

Tondi G
04-20-2012, 04:01 PM
with the busy pattern and multi colors I would go with solids for you and DH. If DS is wearing red on top them choose one color that works .... maybe turquoise, for the both of you. I think having one red, one yellow and one turquoise might be too much. Or go with white tops and khakis or jeans for mom and dad and let the kids pop!

katydid1971
04-20-2012, 04:43 PM
I would get DS a white polo. I think the white jeans and a top like this for you. http://www.loft.com/loft/product/LOFT-Apparel/LOFT-Layering-Tees-and-Tanks/Cap-Sleeve-Peasant-Tee/273245?colorExplode=false&skuId=10698501&catid=catl000011&productPageType=fullPriceProducts&defaultColor=1335 and the yellow polo and khakis for DH

maylips
04-20-2012, 10:42 PM
I was thinking about that exact same shirt but naturally, my size is not available. So now I've spent 3 hours going through the nordstrom website looking for a turquoise shirt that is flattering to my body type.

If anyone has any shirt suggestions, I'm open to them! For frame of reference, I'm 5'9, 135 lbs and have a really short pixie cut (that comes in to play for neckline purposes, as those of you with really short hair probably know)

I did also consider a white shirt with the white denim and a colorful belt and shoes to add pop but didn't know if that would make me stand out from everyone else too much.