PDA

View Full Version : Score One for Mom!

Indianamom2
04-20-2012, 04:43 PM
I scored this: http://www.amazon.com/Step2-Naturally-Playful-Water-Center/dp/B001PGTNK6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1334954152&sr=8-1

for $36 today at a local independently run store. They had bought a truckload of toys from Amazon and had all sorts of nice things like the Plan Toys Garage and Melissa and Doug playsets, all about half off.

We're currently using it with dried beans inside the house as it's raining outside today, but after a week of rushing around cleaning and decluttering for our appraisal, the kids are happy and like the price!

jgenie
04-20-2012, 05:50 PM
Score!!!

MomtoNico
04-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Great deal. I bought one for my DS last year. He loves it. I think I paid around 50 for it. Used his bday money.

athompson
04-20-2012, 05:58 PM
Great find! Our children love that table and I love that the top stays on securely. We tried water on one side and sand on the other and just ended up with a big table full of sludge. We have sand on both sides now. I'm a fun mom, but not that fun:tongue5:

indigo99
04-20-2012, 05:58 PM
DS got this for Christmas, and we put it together on Easter. He loves it. However, we didn't have the umbrella in yet. Of course he decided that the umbrella hole was just too perfect to shovel sand into so now half the sand is in a pile under the table. The other half of the sand was shoveled over into the water side of the table, leaving the sand side completely empty.

ang79
04-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Good deal! I got the same one 2 years ago at Aldi's for about the same price (and thanks to a BBB mama who posted here about it). My girls love it, but we always end up putting water in both sides, as my youngest would always make sludge w/ the water/sand combo, thus upsetting her older sister. Its a great hit with kids who come to visit. We also have a sandbox, but the water table gets so much more use. On super hot days when I don't feel like getting out the inflatable pool, I just put them in their swim suits and they soak each other with cups full of water from the table :)

Radosti
04-20-2012, 09:51 PM
Yup, we got ours at Aldi two years ago. I saw it on slickdeals, got my Aldi to match the $35 price and posted on here. It held up well, although we've been using it exclusively as a water table.

One day, I saw the daycare had set up their sensory table with sudsy water, brushes, toys to scrub, and washcloths. DD was at it for hours, giving her baby doll a bath and scrubbing plastic plates. We are going to have to try that.

brittone2
04-21-2012, 02:29 PM
Sweet! We just bought one last month for DS2's 2nd bday. We have had a sandbox for 7 years but never owned a water table. It keeps him busy outside and I really like the design.