PDA

View Full Version : oh no - first HA disappointment?

musicalgrl
04-21-2012, 11:09 AM
I bought the $3 ribbed leggings at an outlet sale a while back and put them on DD for the first time yesterday. By the end of the day she kept having to hike them up at the waist and they were also droopy in the knees. Totally stretched out. I wonder if these were made for the outlets? A slightly lesser quality? We LOVE all of the other style leggings we've ever gotten so this was a bummer. Anyone else have this happen?

Edensmum
04-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Hmmm haven't noticed any issue with the 3 dollar ones. I do think that the cotton pants stretch a bit but I haven't had anything excessive.

bostonsmama
04-21-2012, 08:52 PM
The only leggings I have from HA are from Costco, and I actually found them a bit tight after washings (even on cold) and that they didn't stretch out. Everything else I have from HA (catalog) and a few dresses from the outlet have been the same quality as each other. I don't THINK they make anything exclusively for the outlet, although everything I bought at the outlet was current season.

LMPC
04-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Hmmmm, we haven't had this issue either. I think the ribbed ones that we have are summer leggings, so a little lighter in weight than the ones I bought in the winter. But they don't stretch all that much over the course of a day, just maybe get a little roomier.

mommytoC
04-21-2012, 10:00 PM
The ribbed capris are 100% cotton, unlike the leggings and bike shorts which are cotton/spandex...so they do stretch out. It doesn't bother me since they're comfortable for DDs (we don't have issues with them falling down, like you describe) and wear like iron. I wonder if you'd be happier going down a size?