PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen the live show STOMP?

melissaflorida
04-22-2012, 11:16 AM
THinking of going to see the show today. It's touring here. Youtube clip looks interesting although no talking or singing. Sort of like a non blue man group which we did enjoy.

Any reviews?

Thanks,

Melissa

Jen841
04-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Saw it and loved it! My boys would love it! It is really cool how they can make music out of everyday things. Go!

Seitvonzu
04-22-2012, 11:43 AM
i saw it years ago-- maybe when i was in high school? it's very entertaining and interesting. a good show!

melissaflorida
04-22-2012, 11:46 AM
great, thanks!!!

baileygirl
04-22-2012, 11:57 AM
We have been a couple of times (including the past year with a 2 1/2 & 5 year-old). It isn't my favorite show (i.e. Wicked), but we all enjoyed it. It is along the same lines of Blue Man Group, but I think the show was a little shorter and I don't remember the same kind of non music skits in it. I felt like Stomp was more family friendly & my kids seemed to like it better(not certain if you are considering bringing kids).

melissaflorida
04-22-2012, 12:14 PM
Baileygirl- I love Wicked too. Really our fav show. Yes I would be bringing my 8 yo dd. She has seen Wicked and lots of other live theater. I showed her some youtube clips this morning and she thought it looked dark ie creepy lol. Not sure if the show is darkly lit or if those were the particular clips we looked at. Blue Man Group is creepy too IMO but the show is lively & upbeat.

It's at 2 this afternoon so we need to figure it out soon!!

Thanks!

Melissa

daisymommy
04-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Oh yeah! They're so much fun to watch! I saw them years ago, pre-kids, but I think kids would have a blast watching the show.

baileygirl
04-22-2012, 12:35 PM
The show we went to had a deal where if you buy a ticket, you get a kid's ticket free...so there were tons of kids in the audience and everyone seemed to be enjoying the show. The lights are dimmed (and it is darker at one point when they use glow sticks), but it is a lot brighter then Blue Man Group. The humor is also more geared to something a kid would get. I personally wouldn't hesitate to take her, unless you have something else going on today.

Liziz
04-22-2012, 12:45 PM
Great show! I'd definitely bring an 8 year old. A lot of the scenes may be "dark" in that the actors onstage are lit by spotlights and the rest of the stage isn't brightly lit, but it isn't at all scary or that sort of "dark". Wicked definitely has scenes that are much darker and scarier than anything in Stomp. The show is a lot of fun!

maestramommy
04-22-2012, 01:47 PM
I've seen it 2-3 times in NYC. Awesome show!

okinawama
04-22-2012, 04:43 PM
It's an excellent show!! If you have the chance to see it, jump on it! Have a blast!

Toba
04-22-2012, 04:57 PM
We've seen them three times after we saw them on an HBO special YEARS ago. Twice off Broadway and once in Atlantic City (which was the touring show). They are PHENOMONAL! It gives me butterflies in my stomach. The ones off Broadway were good, but it was a really small theatre. The one in AC though was the best. Huge stage and they had tons of room to perform and shine. DS hasn't seen them yet, but definitely a kid friendly show and DS would love it.

jerseygirl07067
04-22-2012, 07:58 PM
I saw it many years ago. It was very good and I loved how they made all of the sounds. Kids would like this one!

twowhat?
04-22-2012, 09:21 PM
Yes - loved it, totally worth it. Really amazing.