PDA

View Full Version : Baby dropping or regular pregnancy pains?

MSWR0319
04-22-2012, 03:01 PM
Today I had some fairly intense pain in my hips that lasted a little while on and off. Now I've got pain/pressure in the middle of my lower back. No contractions that I'm aware of. Not really any pressure on cervix that I've noticed, but I can tell I'm walking different with this back pressure. I'll be 38 weeks on Tues. does this sound like normal aches for this stage or is baby dropping? I don't remember this with DS, but he was posterior so I'm assuming things will be different.

BabyBearsMom
04-22-2012, 03:20 PM
Could be dropping. I'd stay alert for contractions with the low back pain.

mom2MandC
04-22-2012, 09:09 PM
I had the exact same problem today! Right down to the hip/lower back pain and walking strangely! I will be 38 weeks on Thursday- wow there are a lot of us due around the same time!! Really hoping it is just the baby dropping!! (I am scheduled for csection on May 3rd and hope to keep her cooking until then!) Good luck and keep us posted!!

Shannon

MSWR0319
04-23-2012, 07:42 AM
I'm still here! I did gave a few rounds of some type of contractions that were coming every 10 min three or four times and would then stop. Back pain is gone now, so who knows. I have an appt this afternoon. Guess we'll see if those contractions did anything. I can feel baby much lower in my hips though I think.

mom2MandC
04-23-2012, 08:41 AM
Glad to hear your back pain is gone! Thanks for the update!! Hope your appointment goes well!! I will be thinking of you!!!