PDA

View Full Version : Let's share anonymously about showering and dressing :)

momm
04-23-2012, 12:08 PM
If you have nowhere to go the whole day, do you still shower and get dressed in the morning?

... asks the OP as she sits on the couch in her pjs, at 12 noon :P

Let's take advantage of the anonymous poll option :) Poll coming!!

Jacksmommy2b
04-23-2012, 12:21 PM
I shower every night, no matter what. It is sort of a thing ;)

I will shower in the am too if I am headed somewhere (other than the park or grocery.)

We dress everyday, but when depends on how motivated I am.

MamaInMarch
04-23-2012, 12:25 PM
I shower when I can. So if I know I have to be somewhere the next day I shower before bed when DH is home.

I get dressed before I leave the house but at home I am in yoga pants and a t-shirt all the time. As soon as I walk in the door I change. So I either change it after a shower (on several day stretches of not leaving the house) or when I come home I put on a new set.

BabbyO
04-23-2012, 12:32 PM
The exceptions to my answers are:
1. If I'm sick I often don't shower or dress
2. On weekends I usually clean the house in my PJ's then shower (so I'm usually up for a few hours)

Now, I often have my PJ's on within 5 min of walking in the door at night (at least during the winter)...so like 6:30 ish. DH and I both agree that PajamaJeans are awesome. He doesn't feel like I'm being a total slob during the majority of our time together, and I'm in something comfy enough to sleep in.

cvanbrunt
04-23-2012, 12:39 PM
I shower and dress everyday; maybe not right away, but after both girls have made it to school. If I have a particularly sweaty workout, I shower again. Which I must do right now 'cause my jumpboard class just kicked my ass.

elektra
04-23-2012, 12:45 PM
I think I am a bit of a slob by nature but I aim to shower at least once every 24 hours. It's often at night though, because that is when I work out and I will shower right after. If I haven't showered the previous evening (like when I don't work out) I will shower in the morning.
I usually have nowhere to go either. But I found that if I get up and get dressed (shower or no shower) it helps start out my day in a more productive way.

Mommy_Mea
04-23-2012, 12:47 PM
I dress every day, but often it isn't until right before we hit a playdate on the days I am home with the boys. With DS1, I showered every day, I thought it crazy that I might not. But now, with two, I prioritize. So if my hair looks presentable, I might take a rinse off shower. I am hoping once DS2 is sleeping through the night, I will get in a better schedule and maybe shower at night, or something regular!

ilfaith
04-23-2012, 12:59 PM
I shower almost every day (shampooing and shaving on alternating days). On mornings I go to the gym, I shower after working out. On days I don't work out I shower and dress before dropping the boys at school. Once in a while I will have a lazy day on the weekend where I stay in pjs all day, but these are pretty rare, as I usually have someplace to go.

mom3boys
04-23-2012, 01:18 PM
I shower almost every day because I WOH 4 days a week. Saturdays sometimes I don't shower and still go out, but by "go out" I am going to the park with the kids or the grocery store or similar. Then I may shower that evening after everyone is in bed.

If DH is traveling for work then I may shower in the evening during the week rather than the morning--there is just not time for me to get myself ready and get 3 kids ready--or if it is a day I am home then I will take the older kids to school, without having showered, then shower later in the morning when the baby is napping.

I definitely rewear clothes--anything that needs to be dry cleaned and does not get too wrinkly I will rewear, as well as jeans/other pants. Sometimes I'll rewear other clothes as long as they smell OK!

I get dressed every day. I don't wear pajama pants to bed so in the morning it's usually just easier to put regular pants on. I am not a fan of seeing women wearing pajama pants out and about (which I see not uncommonly at my son's school)

arivecchi
04-23-2012, 01:22 PM
I shower twice a day every day. I work FT so I shower every morning after I work out and then get dressed for work. I also shower on weekend mornings but not as early. I must shower/take a bath before going to bed as well.

daisymommy
04-23-2012, 02:14 PM
I shower and dress every single day, can't stand not to!
But it's certainly not as soon as I wake up. If I am going somewhere in the morning, then sure, I do. But other days, I may sit around in my PJ's until lunchtime, then shower during DS naptime. And then it's into my comfy yoga pants and t-shirt I go! :)

ett
04-23-2012, 02:21 PM
I shower every evening.

I change out of my pajamas every morning, but it may just be into comfy at home clothes if I'm not going out for a while.

TwinFoxes
04-23-2012, 02:31 PM
I picked "other showering option" because I do shower every day (my hair stands on end if I don't, and even if I do sometimes!), but not always the first thing in the morning if the girls wake up before I do. I'll get them situated, and then shower. I feel gross and stinky if I don't shower.

I don't think wearing clothes more than once is odd. Jeans for example just don't seem to need an every time washing.

lizzywednesday
04-23-2012, 02:46 PM
Most of my showering and dressing habits are dependent on whether or not I need to go to the office or otherwise be among adults with the expectation that I won't be covered in DD's lunch.

So ... on office days, I shower & dress first thing.
On non-office days, I tend to sleep in. I pull on clothes, usually yoga pants & a tee shirt, and change my underwear, but I may or may not shower. It depends on how gross I feel and whether or not DD naps.

On weekends ... DD and I shower & get dressed after breakfast.

I re-wear jeans as long as they're not stained or stinky, but wear a different t-shirt every day.

ChristinaLucia
04-23-2012, 02:50 PM
I shower first thing and then put back on my yoga pants and top.

niccig
04-23-2012, 03:20 PM
I love pajama days. Over the Summer, DS and I will have several days where DH will come home and DS and I are still in our pjs.

crl
04-23-2012, 03:51 PM
I shower every night before bed. I wash my hair and shave my legs every shower. I shave my underarms a couple of times a week.

I get dressed every day, most days before 8am, though on weekends it might be 10 or 11am occasionally before I get dressed. On weekdays I walk older ds to the bus so I don't really have much choice about getting dressed.

I wear my jeans three or four times between washes. I wear my bras two or three times between washes. I wear my pjs twice before washing. Everything else gets washed after every wearing.

Catherine

hellokitty
04-23-2012, 03:57 PM
I shower right after a workout, if it's a non-work out day, then I shower at night every day. I have to shower everyday or else my hair looks gross.

I get dressed if/when I have somewhere to go, that includes hanging out outside with the kids. Basically, if I'm leaving the house, I'm dressed.

Since I don't get dressed first thing in the morning every day, many times I can still re-wear that clothing a few times, unless it got a stain on it or I was sweaty.

iaam
04-23-2012, 04:01 PM
I shower every day. On days when I go into the office, I shower in the morning before heading out. On those days I work out at night and shower again after I work out (but don't blow dry my hair). On days when I work from home, I shower after working out (some time in the middle of the day, when I have taken care of all the important stuff and can take a break).

okinawama
04-23-2012, 04:11 PM
I don't always shower or put make up on every day (and didn't when I worked full time either), but I do always change out of my pj's and get dressed into something semi-casual.

mmommy
04-23-2012, 05:52 PM
I shower in the evening, not in the morning. I can't go to bed with the day on me. I've noticed that this helps with my allergies too.
I get dressed in the morning, but I can't think of the last time I had nowhere to be in the morning - I'm looking forward to maternity leave!!

BayGirl2
04-23-2012, 06:00 PM
I work from home and start early in the morning. Many days my only trip out of the house is to pick the kids up from daycare. But I'm fairly tied to the computer while I'm home.

So I shower every other day, at a minimum. Sometimes in the morning sometimes at night or in the middle of the day. I usually get dressed when I get up regardless of shower but there are days I go straight to my office in PJ's and don't change until later. I've found that my hair has been much healthier since I started washing it less than daily.

baymom
04-23-2012, 06:06 PM
I shower everyday. I get the kids to school, go work out and then come home to shower. Sometimes, if I do errands first, then I have to pick up DD from kinder, still un-showered. But, I do get around to it at some point. There are occasional weekend days I end up never showering, but it's not the norm. Of course, my kids are older (6 & 7) so that definitely makes showering easier! When they were younger, I skipped many a shower. :tongue5:

maestramommy
04-23-2012, 08:23 PM
Sometimes I may not shower first thing if I know I'm going to get really dirty and sweaty later on in the day AND I'm not going anywhere. Otherwise I shower and dress every day first thing. Otherwise I feel icky.

flashy09
04-23-2012, 08:24 PM
I generally shower every night, but getting dressed if not going anywhere? No way. My baby nurses all the freaking time so I generally sport a nursing tank with a zip up hoodie (to stay warm and have easy access to the nursing tank) and some sort of pajama pants and my land's end fuzzy slippers. Don't brush my hair, no makeup, etc. I probably should because I think the act of dressing and looking good would make be more productive around the house during the day instead of going into lazy mode, but I can't be bothered. Breastfeeding has been so hard in this respect. Why get dressed if the shirt has to come off every 1.5 or 2 hrs? So I wear nursing clothes which double as pajamas and look like a big slob. Oh well!

Carrots
04-23-2012, 10:14 PM
I shower every morning and take a bath at night. My bath is my bed time ritual. In the morning, I like feeling clean and "ready" for the day. I also HAVE to wash my hair every day because I have oily skin and my hair looks greasy if I don't wash it.

KrisM
04-23-2012, 10:46 PM
I shower every morning, with a couple exceptions. If I'm sick, I might not. If I'm just getting up really late, I'll get the kids off first. And, if I know I'm going to mow the lawn, do yard work, etc, I'll shower after that instead. I never stay in pajamas all day.

jgenie
04-24-2012, 03:40 AM
My preference is to shower and dress as soon as I wake up. With a DH that leaves the house at 6:00 and travels frequently I am always on my own managing DC and trying to shower so showers may not happen daily.