PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone not like their kindle fire?

jess_g
04-23-2012, 06:31 PM
Just played around with one today and I found it hard to tap links on and hard to type with on the virtual keyboard. I have read similar reviews on amazon. I am wondering if anyone here has had problems with the responsivness of the display and if it still bothers them today or do you just get used to it? I am used to the ease of use of the Ipad which seams to work much better than the kindle.

thanks, Jen.

fivi2
04-23-2012, 07:17 PM
I love my kindle fire :love5:

But I have never played with an iAnything.

The links don't bother me. I don't love the keyboard, but not sure what would make any other keyboard any better.

I really don't have any complaints, but I have nothing to compare it to.

pomegranate
04-23-2012, 07:45 PM
We've had an iPad 2 for a year, which we paid $829 for (3G, 64GB). Recently, we bought a Kindle Fire because of a special $139 price and because DS, DH and I were always fighting for the iPad.

At first, I didn't like the Kindle Fire. Smaller screen (about half the size as the iPad) and not as intuitive to navigate as the iPad. We were seriously going to return it within the 30-day period, but then I played with it some more and grew to like it enough to keep it. I think the typing is very similar to the iPad, but the Kindle is smaller so it may be more difficult to tap on the smaller buttons. Kindle doesn't have a physical home button like the iPad, but instead a home button on the screen. If you have Amazon Prime too, you can borrow books and get free streaming movies and TV shows which makes the Kindle more worth it (although the selection isn't as good as Netflix).

So I really do like the Kindle. And especially at the $139 price we paid, I am thrilled to have it as our second tablet. I'd say, give it a chance. Play with it some more. And if you still don't like it, be sure you return within 30 days to avoid extra fees.

ellies mom
04-23-2012, 09:28 PM
I don't mind the Kindle Fire. It isn't as nice as the iPad but you get what you pay for. We have one for the family and it is fine. Although, I don't see getting one as a "mine all mine" tablet. I'll probably hold out for an iPad.

My big complaint with all things Kindle, especially the Fire is Amazon's refusal to add a password protection option for purchases. The only option is to password protect the wi-fi access and then you have to remember to turn off the wi-fi when you are finished, just turning off the tablet isn't enough.

hillview
04-24-2012, 03:01 AM
We have both iPad and fire. The fire is great for the money and you do get used to it. It is in no way as good as the iPad but for a fraction of the cost it is great. Also I prefer its size. Fits easily into my purse!

crispychicky
04-24-2012, 09:25 AM
I have a Kindle Fire and really like it.

I wasn't a fan of the keyboard on it either, but, I bought a stylus and it's made a huge difference. I got these from amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Capacitive-Cellphone-Motorola-BlackBerry-AMM0101US/dp/B0053NBLFW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1335273448&sr=8-1 It also makes tapping on links easier too, especially tiny ones. Before I got the stylus, I did a lot of 2-finger zooming to make the links larger.

jess_g
04-24-2012, 09:34 AM
Thanks everyone. Its working much better today. I don't know what was wrong with it before, I think it was just realy slow but now its so much easier to use.

Jen

MMMommy
04-24-2012, 05:18 PM
We have both iPad and fire. The fire is great for the money and you do get used to it. It is in no way as good as the iPad but for a fraction of the cost it is great. Also I prefer its size. Fits easily into my purse!

:yeahthat:

I consider my Kindle Fire a mini ipad of sorts. I like the size and portability, as I can just stash it in my purse. And for the price, I think you get a lot of bang for your buck.

kboyle
04-24-2012, 09:23 PM
i got a Fire for a super deal around the holidays and after playing around with it A LOT i ended up returning it with in the 30 day timeframe. i wish i would've kept it since my eink nook 1st gen nook is slowly dying, but at the time i was comparing it to our ipad2.

when my nook dies i will consider getting the fire. i'm already looking for deals, if i can find it at the $150 range i'll probably snag it.