PDA

View Full Version : Anthro, Boden and so on.....

marylovesbennyhill
04-23-2012, 06:38 PM
I know that these are the "in" stores.....but how is the quality?

sntm
04-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Anthro carries a number of different brands. Quality in general is good, though depends on the specific item.

Boden quality is superb, IMO. The fabric is soft and durable and they hold up well. I had a problem once with a kid's shirt where the collar bunched up after washing, but otherwise they have been excellent.

Nechums
04-23-2012, 07:58 PM
I've actually found Boden clothing to be of sub-par quality considering the price tag. Many of my sweaters and tops have faded, pilled and even ripped.This is after washing them on the delicate cycle and laying flat to dry. I've been very disappointed, but their customer service is amazing. They'll take it back if something's wrong with it...even a year later.

kozachka
04-23-2012, 10:50 PM
I am not a huge fan of either. Most of the items at Anthro are NMS, so it takes too much time and efforts to sort through, plus their items typically have too many synthetic fibers for the price. More items at Boden appeal to my esthetics, but prices are still too high, so I have to wait for sales, and they have too many sales, so it's too much work to keep up with it.

Not sure what kind of items you are looking for, but I like t-shirts from Splendid and Michael Stars, which I typically buy from Amazon or daily deal sites such as RueLaLa, MyHabit etc. I also suggest investing into 2-3 pairs of nice jeans such as Lucky Jean, 7 by All Mankind, COH etc. For B&M I buy a fair bit from J. Crew and Banana Republic, which offer better quality than most. HTH!

anamika
04-25-2012, 12:18 PM
I've actually found Boden clothing to be of sub-par quality considering the price tag. Many of my sweaters and tops have faded, pilled and even ripped.This is after washing them on the delicate cycle and laying flat to dry. I've been very disappointed, but their customer service is amazing. They'll take it back if something's wrong with it...even a year later.

I thought it was just me!! I like the style but think the quality is appalling for the price. LE quality is better or similar I think. I didn't realize they'll take it back.
But I love the styling and happy to buy on heavy clearance.