PDA

View Full Version : Remember Sew Cute Boutique?

infomama
04-23-2012, 11:34 PM
She was on Ebay I think and made amazing shopping cart covers. They fit regular and Costco carts. I bought two from her but I think her shop closed long ago. More babies on the way (not me :() so I am back on the hunt. Anyone have any ideas?

smiles33
04-23-2012, 11:36 PM
I bought mine from her but literally used it once. It was just a pain to lug to the grocery store and DH did 90% of the shopping and refused to use it. So both girls just sat in the cart directly! Anyhow, I wonder if you can just look on etsy?

dowlinal
04-23-2012, 11:40 PM
I looked for her when I had my twins and I was sad to see that she was gone. She was so nice to work with. My oldest had a hippo obession and she actually found hippo fabric for her. She also made me one without the filling to use on highchairs when we traveled. The funny thing is that I used it compulsively with my first two, but then couldn't find a double one for my boys so they've always rode right in the cart.

nfowife
04-23-2012, 11:42 PM
I had a scb cover too for DS! Very nice. I have an angelyn rose one for DD now 7 and am using it again for dd2 and it has held up great through many washings. Fits single and double carts. She has an etsy shop now:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/angelynrose

infomama
04-23-2012, 11:43 PM
I bought mine from her but literally used it once. It was just a pain to lug to the grocery store and DH did 90% of the shopping and refused to use it.
I saw a friend at a baby shower recently and she said it was the best gift she had ever gotten (I gave her one)!! I used mine ALL the time. When Dd2 was born I got a new seatbelt and used it for her.

mama2g03
04-23-2012, 11:58 PM
I got mine here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PaisleyPineapple
Use it all the time and love it. Great quality. Looks great after washing - which reminds me, I need to do that. HTH!

infomama
04-24-2012, 12:01 AM
I got mine here:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/PaisleyPineapple
Use it all the time and love it. Great quality. Looks great after washing - which reminds me, I need to do that. HTH!
Ooo...I like that Watermelon dot one. Looks plush. Does the filling bunch up at all when you wash it?

mama2g03
04-24-2012, 12:23 AM
Ooo...I like that Watermelon dot one. Looks plush. Does the filling bunch up at all when you wash it?

I haven't had any problem with that. It is a good amount of filling, too. Not too much, not too little. My DD seems comfy and happy riding in it. It fits great on the Costco carts, btw.

infomama
04-24-2012, 12:24 AM
I haven't had any problem with that. It is a good amount of filling, too. Not too much, not too little. My DD seems comfy and happy riding in it. It fits great on the Costco carts, btw.
Cool...thanks!

brittone2
04-24-2012, 07:26 AM
I'm still using my SCB cover 8 years later! It has held up well, and we've used it for all 3 kids.

hellokitty
04-24-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm still using my SCB cover 8 years later! It has held up well, and we've used it for all 3 kids.

Me too! I custom ordered a yellow background curious george one (she was so nice, she happened to have leftover fabric from another project, and it was exactly what I wanted) 8 yrs ago for DS1. It is so well made, except for one of the toy loops that my DH partially pulled off (for some dumb reason, he thought it was velcro so pulled as hard as he could on it, for reasons unknown to me), but that's his fault. I have gotten tons of compliments about that particular cover, I really love the interior sippy cup pocket, it's so handy and her belt design with the clasp is well thought out. We don't use the cute pillow that came with it, but compared to other covers I have seen (I have another wahm cover) it is still the nicest one, even compared to the commercially made ones. DS3 is my third one to use it and I will be able to sell it after he's finished with it, esp since curious george has made a big comeback since I got mine.

LD92599
04-24-2012, 08:50 AM
I remember her and still have my custom one w/ NY Yankee's fabric! DS1 used it...my nephew used it and now DS2 except.....i tend to leave it home/in the car and just plop him in the cart. One less hassle.

Jo..
04-24-2012, 08:53 AM
I had a scb cover too for DS! Very nice. I have an angelyn rose one for DD now 7 and am using it again for dd2 and it has held up great through many washings. Fits single and double carts. She has an etsy shop now:
http://www.etsy.com/shop/angelynrose

I second the rec for Angelyn Rose as a very nice alternative to SCB. I had both, and they were very similar in size and quality. I wrote a review with comparison pics back in the day.

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=266572&highlight=Cute+Boutique+angelyn

Mermanaid
04-24-2012, 08:53 AM
I just finally gave up my SCB cover and passed it on to a friend. I loved that thing. It was Hawaiian Hello Kitty.

MamaSnoo
04-24-2012, 09:03 AM
I have an Angelyn rose one too. I liked it with DD. It is a pink, orange and yellow dot pattern. DS will be cruising in style in it when he is here, LOL!

MaiseyDog
04-24-2012, 04:39 PM
I had a SCB cover that I got for DD1 7 years ago. It's been through 4 kids now (my two and my friend's two) and still going strong. I hadn't thought about that cover in years, but this thread made me smile.