PDA

View Full Version : Should I call the ped?

TwoBees
04-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Just got a call from daycare. They wanted to alert me that DD (2.5 yrs) had an "episode" where she got a glazed look and seemed to lose her balance for a few moments. She was back to normal and running around by the time they called me. Coincidentally, I noticed that she seemed a bit off balance last night a gym class, but thought it might be because DH was helping her swing from the bars and do flips, and we were working on handstands against the wall, etc. She also woke up at 3 am, but didn't seem to have a fever, and wanted me to rub her back (waking up in the middle of the night is not unusual for her). But all three of these things together---would you call the ped? Or just wait and see how she does? I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I'm also not sure what to tell the ped, as I didn't see the "episode" this morning myself.

sweetsue98
04-24-2012, 09:32 AM
If it's causing you concern then call the ped. It always makes me feel better even if they tell me nothing is wrong.

jse107
04-24-2012, 09:35 AM
I'd call. I don't think it's anything terrible, but I'd feel better checking in--at least have them check her ears.

wellyes
04-24-2012, 09:37 AM
I'd call. Don't panic, do call.

MamaMolly
04-24-2012, 09:46 AM
If it's causing you concern then call the ped. It always makes me feel better even if they tell me nothing is wrong.

Yep. I'm a caller.

Indianamom2
04-24-2012, 09:47 AM
I'd call. Don't panic, do call.

:yeahthat::hug:

mackmama
04-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Yes I would call just to check in with them.

TwoBees
04-24-2012, 11:17 AM
Ped said to keep an eye on her. If it happens again, bring her in. Could possibly be an absence seizure?? Any BTDT/experience with this?

megs4413
04-24-2012, 11:46 AM
I was diagnosed with epilepsy as a kid. The first seizures I had were absence seizures. I am on medicine and live quite normally. My son has had a few seizures and is beginning the testing process again (we have tested before, but have been taking a wait and see approach instead of medicating) after some "episodes" last week. I wouldn't worry just yet, but I would keep a journal of any episodes or odd behaviors that concern you and bring them up to your ped at our next regular visit. Of course, if she has a more serious seizure, I would take her to the ER and get the process rolling...it can take a really long time to get an appointment with a pediatric neuro. HUGS!