PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting holes in all my shirts...

Nicsmom
04-24-2012, 09:25 AM
near the belly button. Has that happened to anyone? All my Splendid shirts are ruined along with others that also have a thin fabric. I imagine the holes are caused by the jeans' waist button, but I am not sure. Does anyone know what can be causing this?

Canna
04-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Could there be something sharp on a surface that you brush/rub up against that's snagging you? Something like: edge of a desk or table, kitchen counter, car seat belt or car door, handbag hardware?

Puddy73
04-24-2012, 09:47 AM
Check out this thread for some theories:

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=419047&highlight=holes+shirts

Nicsmom
04-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Thank you!!! I should have checked if there was a thread on this subject before posting. Good that I am not alone. I'm going to check all the theories and see which ones apply in my case. Thank you both.

specialp
04-24-2012, 11:08 AM
IMO, it is most definitely from jeans' pants button and belts when the shirts are thin or tissue style. I've gotten them even when on bed rest so I know it wasn't from rubbing up against counters in my case. My best defense has been to do a sloppy tuck with tissue shirts so that the front is tucked in and doesn't rub the jean button area.

tarnator
04-24-2012, 11:23 AM
I am sure that the belt prong ruined one of my shirts!

twowhat?
04-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Check out this thread for some theories:

http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=419047&highlight=holes+shirts

Wow - that was a most entertaining thread!

I don't get the holes even in my tissue-weight t-shirts. My belly hangs over my jeans waistband, providing good soft cushion from the rubbing of the button and waistband. :thumbsup:

Beth24
04-24-2012, 12:16 PM
Wow - that was a most entertaining thread!

I don't get the holes even in my tissue-weight t-shirts. My belly hangs over my jeans waistband, providing good soft cushion from the rubbing of the button and waistband. :thumbsup:

:hysterical: Glad to know my muffin top has a purpose!

Globetrotter
04-24-2012, 12:41 PM
:hysterical: Glad to know my muffin top has a purpose!

:yeahthat: :hysterical: