PDA

View Full Version : Decorating Help (Master Bed Paint/Bedding?) Bumping!

Indianamom2
04-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Okay, I'm getting ready to paint my master bedroom (finally, after 8 years of living here) this color from Sherwin Williams:
http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6241-aleutian/

It's a nice blue/grey and I already have it painted in my master bath paired with the matching shower curtain from this set from JCP:
http://www.jcpenney.com/jcp/X6E.aspx?GrpTyp=ENS&ItemID=1a2ff36&DeptID=82319&CatID=85989&SO=0&SelDim=4294957900%7e&CatSel=4294926360%7ccomforters&NOffset=0&Ne=4294957900+877+5+1031+969+1545&x5view=1&shopperType=G&N=4294926360&Nao=210&PSO=0&bcCat=3&CmCatId=82319|85989&sa=1

I also like this one from PB:
http://www.potterybarn.com/products/blythe-paisley-organic-sateen-duvet-cover-sham/?pkey=cpatterned-duvet-covers-shams

I also found this set: http://www.ebay.com/itm/130656954232?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
The carpet is a light sand color and the trim is a light cream. The furniture is oak (would like to replace, but likely won't for a while).

Which bedding set would you choose? Or is there a similar one that you could suggest? Also, I have no experience with duvet covers. Are they a pain?

Thanks!

BDKmom
04-24-2012, 12:01 PM
I would personally pick the Pottery Barn set. I like that it's more neutral with bits of the blue. Since the walls will be blue and the master bath is blue, I think blue bedding would be too much for me. However, I do think it's a matter of personal taste and either would be nice.

Indianamom2
04-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Bumping...I added a new option and would really like opinions. Thanks!

BDKmom
04-25-2012, 12:30 PM
I like the one you added, seems to be a compromise between the other two. More blues but not as much as the JCP one. I could only see a pic of the pattern, though, so not sure what the set looks like--is there any trim or embelishments, is it a whole set, or just the duvet?

ETA: Looked again at the additional pics...I like the duvet, kind of stinks that nothing else comes with it. Does your bed need a skirt? Can you find the shams?

brittone2
04-25-2012, 12:31 PM
I like duvet covers. Some people dislike them. We use a top sheet too, so I don't wash every time I do the sheets...more like 2 to 4x a month. And then I make DH, with his long arms, put the duvet back in the cover ;) That's the only thing I dislike. I know people complain about bunching with duvets but we don't have that problem. You can use or sew a tie to the inside of the duvet and the corners of the comforter if it is a big issue for you, but ours really doesn't bunch up.

I think the Penney's one might be too much blue with blue paint. I like both PB ones, but need to google images of the one on ebay..kinda remember it from the catalog but can't recall what it looked like on bed (scale of the pattern). eta: googled images and I like both PB ones. I think the warm colors mixed in with the blue will look nice w/ the oak in your furniture.

boolady
04-25-2012, 12:32 PM
I prefer the original one you posted from PB. If the walls are blue, there'll be enough blue for me in the neutral cover.

Indianamom2
04-25-2012, 12:36 PM
Thanks. If you keep scrolling down there's a place that says "Click Here" for more pictures of the set on a bed, if that helps. Sorry, meant to say that!

I think I'm leaning towards one of the PB sets, but we don't have any PB's locally and I've never had a duvet before, so I'm not sure what to think. Stupid question here...is there something in particular that goes inside the duvet cover?

brittone2
04-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Thanks. If you keep scrolling down there's a place that says "Click Here" for more pictures of the set on a bed, if that helps. Sorry, meant to say that!

I think I'm leaning towards one of the PB sets, but we don't have any PB's locally and I've never had a duvet before, so I'm not sure what to think. Stupid question here...is there something in particular that goes inside the duvet cover?

I use a down comforter. You can use synthetic, "down alternative," or whatever type of comforter works for you. I love down, we've been using some variation of down comforter inside a duvet for 9 years or so.

Indianamom2
04-25-2012, 12:56 PM
I use a down comforter. You can use synthetic, "down alternative," or whatever type of comforter works for you. I love down, we've been using some variation of down comforter inside a duvet for 9 years or so.

That's kind of what I was thinking too, I just was curious. This would be the nicest bedding set I've ever bought!

Indianamom2
04-25-2012, 12:57 PM
I like the one you added, seems to be a compromise between the other two. More blues but not as much as the JCP one. I could only see a pic of the pattern, though, so not sure what the set looks like--is there any trim or embelishments, is it a whole set, or just the duvet?

ETA: Looked again at the additional pics...I like the duvet, kind of stinks that nothing else comes with it. Does your bed need a skirt? Can you find the shams?

Yes, I can find the shams and the bedskirt, I just linked to the actual duvet cover.

BDKmom
04-25-2012, 12:59 PM
Yes, I can find the shams and the bedskirt, I just linked to the actual duvet cover.

Cool. Then I like the look of that one the best. No experience with duvets, so can't help you there.

crl
04-25-2012, 12:59 PM
I like the Blythe paisley from PB. I think it is very pretty and rather elegant. I also like it particularly for a master bedroom because it doesn't look girly at all.

Catherine

Indianamom2
04-25-2012, 01:04 PM
I like the Blythe paisley from PB. I think it is very pretty and rather elegant. I also like it particularly for a master bedroom because it doesn't look girly at all.

Catherine

I like the elegance of this one too. It's a total departure from what I would normally choose, which I think is why I'm so unsure of myself! I still can't figure out my own style! I need a designer, but that's not going to happen.