PDA

View Full Version : HA Outlet Sale Not Adding Up

anonomom
04-24-2012, 03:09 PM
I just got my order from the Mass. outlet. The sale I called about was the "extra 25% off all spring Hannas" sale. I bought three pairs of shorts for DD1 -- two Supersoft and one Free Time shorts, plus one Little Tanker for my son. I was charged $16.50 for each pair of shorts, and $19.xx for the Tanker.

Looking over the receipt, it occurs to me that this is nothing close to the "extra 25%" advertized. In fact, it's less than 10% off the "regular" outlet price. Properly discounted, the shorts should have been between $13-14, and the Tanker should have been $15.

Before I go and call, I'm trying to figure out what went wrong here. All I can think of us maybe these items aren't considered "Spring" items, and so weren't included in the sale? If that's the case, then it's the second time in three months an Outlet SA has deliberately misled me when I called to shop, to the tune of $10 or more. I told the SA specifically that I was looking for stuff included in the Spring sale, but I didn't have my computer in front of me at the time to verify prices.

Does anyone happen to still have a spring catalog hanging around, and would be willing to check and see if these clothes are in it?

AnnieW625
04-24-2012, 03:56 PM
I think that is one thing I just don't like about calling the outlets is that not all of the stuff in the outlet is part of the sale, and can only think of one time where this happened. I wanted capris for DD2 and they were not on sale, but since I needed them and they were still a few $$ cheaper than the regular store and I was already ordering some extra 25% off swimwear (from 2010) it was worth it to me to just deal with it. The extra % off sales are usually for stuff from the previous spring, so this spring's 25% off sale was for spring 2011 stuff.

If I didn't have access to Gymbo friends (where the catalogs from the last year are usually linked) or know the name of the specific item of the item I wanted from a current catalog then I just don't order, it's not worth the hassle IMHO. I am not overly picky about things like short or long johns and I will just ask for a a girl pattern, but I know never to pay more than $20 for long johns, and $15 for short johns. I am cheap by nature so a few years ago when I started buying Hanna I told myself those would be my prices.

The easiest things to shop for at the outlets are outerwear (I have bought fleece lined jackets), swimsuits, long johns or short johns, and sometimes holiday dresses if I am in the regular store and the SA has told me that they have shipped stuff to the outlets already (this happened a few weeks before Christmas, but ended up not ordering anything this year). I also try to keep my expectations fairly low when I order from the outlet just in case I hate everything and have to return it. I am fairly close (less than an hour) to a non outlet B&M store so if I wasn't I don't think I would be compelled to order from the outlets at all.

IMHO I just wish that the Hanna outlet stores were just the prior year's merchandise and a few other Hanna basics like the leggings and tee shirts and that they kept the rest of the current year's seasonal merchandise in the store until the end of season sales in December, and June. I know there was way more selection in 2007, 2008, and maybe even June, 2009 than there has been in the store the last couple of years. The early spring stuff unless it is a returned item probably won't be around for the EOS sale, it will be at the outlets already.

eta: the Mass outlet is fairly new, it opened up within the last month so their might have been some mistakes. I might try and call another outlet and have them price check what you ordered. I usually order from Washington or Oregon because they are on the west coast, and like I said have had minimal issues with them, but they have been open for a long time. A lot of people on this board like Michigan City, but I can never get through or the items are OOS that I want by the time I am up and about on sale days.

anonomom
04-24-2012, 04:02 PM
I'm looking at the email for the sale, it definitely says it's an extra 25% off of Spring 2012.

AnnieW625
04-24-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm looking at the email for the sale, it definitely says it's an extra 25% off of Spring 2012.

hmmm. I have been deleting my Hanna emails as my kids need NO new clothes and I don't need the temptation so I just assumed it was like the rest of the sale. The newish sale catalog is 20% off as is the catalog so what is on sale is probably the first round of spring stuff. Maybe I should call as there is a shirt DD1 has that is too small and I need a 120.

eta: ended up calling, the top I wanted was not an extra 25% off, but I believe the swim wear I wanted was, tops and bottoms were $10.50 per piece. Not sure the prices of the one pieces. Some of the newest stuff like the top were the same price as buying as online.

rolypoly27
04-24-2012, 04:56 PM
The Free Time and Supersoft shorts are $22 online, so 25% off would be $16.50. Some of the Free Time shorts are marked down to $16 online.

anonomom
04-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Yes, that part makes sense. But the sale ad said they were an additional 25% off prices that were already supposed to be discounted. The exact wording was "Extra 25% off all spring Hannas for savings up to 50%."

On my receipt, the "regular" price for the shorts, for instance, is indicated as $17.xx, then the discount is taken to get it down to $16.50. But if they'd taken 25% off the $17.xx price, then I should have paid around $13.