PDA

View Full Version : why bother

mom2one
04-24-2012, 05:40 PM
So Sunday was my bday. :yay:

A friend who lives in another state sent me a short and sweet email that said the following. "happy birthday. I almost forgot to wish you a happy birthday since you are not on FB."

Boy that statement has rubbed me the wrong way. Where is it written that you have to be on FB? why do I want your 892 friends to be my 892 friends. Please.stop.asking.me.to.join.FB!

And dear friend of mine, I am so sorry that sending someone an EMAIL to wish them a happy birthday is so much trouble to you. It's not like you went out, bought me a card, paid for a stamp, went home, filled it out and mailed it to me days before my birthday so it would arrive in time.

And since we are on the subject, what in the world did you do BEFORE FB to remember peoples birthday? Is there some special/magical button on FB that you press that automatically sends your birthday friends some pre-recorded birthday message, because you are too lazy to type out happy birthday?

Guess what your birthday email is going to say? "happy birthday! When are you going to cancel FB and join the real world?"

Susan

zag95
04-24-2012, 05:48 PM
Nice snarky comment! I wonder what the next birthday will bring?!!

Yeah, calendars pre-FB.....

wellyes
04-24-2012, 05:49 PM
I sincerely hope the message went on to say "but of course I didn't because you are dear to me and I love you" or something similar. Otherwise, phooey.

mom2one
04-24-2012, 05:55 PM
I sincerely hope the message went on to say "but of course I didn't because you are dear to me and I love you" or something similar. Otherwise, phooey.

Now that would of been nice, but no that was the email word for word except that she signed her name below.

Susan

eagle
04-24-2012, 09:25 PM
i dont know if its because im feeling crabby lately but if i got an email like that on my birthday, id just drop that friend. thats just terrible.

(happy birthday!)

belovedgandp
04-25-2012, 12:10 AM
Happy birthday! From someone who is on facebook but still sends out real cards. I tend to not do the generic greetings online since I did think of them a few days early to mail a card.

jal
04-25-2012, 08:57 AM
Is there some special/magical button on FB that you press that automatically sends your birthday friends some pre-recorded birthday message, because you are too lazy to type out happy birthday?

Actually, FB does send you reminders when one of your Friends has a birthday.

momm
04-25-2012, 11:17 AM
A friend who lives in another state sent me a short and sweet email that said the following. "happy birthday. I almost forgot to wish you a happy birthday since you are not on FB."

What the ****!!!!!

Well, happy birthday to you!