PDA

View Full Version : Kindle Fire/Amazon Prime question

BabyH
04-24-2012, 09:10 PM
First, I want to apologize for asking this question on here, because I'm sure if I played around on Amazon for long enough, I could find it myself. However, DH just recently renewed our Amazon Prime account, but I hold all the registrations for the Kindles in the house. So it doesn't seem like I have access to any of the free borrowing benefits that "paid" Prime members get, so I am wondering if I can somehow just change my settings to somehow be able to use this feature. Has anyone done this? If it's even possible....

Mermanaid
04-24-2012, 09:55 PM
I'm curious too because DH is the primary Prime holder but all of the kindles are in my name. It's been frustrating to not have access to the content. Apparently not frustrating enough yet for me to track down this answer.

KrisM
05-19-2012, 09:13 AM
What we've done is have a household Amazon account. It pays for Prime and has my Kindle registered on it. DH and I have our own buying accounts. Our household account sent Prime invites to our buying accounts. So, the Prime account buys Prime, Kindle books for me, movies to stream, etc, and everything else we buy is on our own buying accounts.

I don't know if you can transfer Kindle books to another account. But, if you can, maybe you can set up a household account and move your Kindle content over to it.

kristenk
05-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Considering your DH's account has the prime membership, is there any reason that you wouldn't want to just register the kindles to his account? You can switch registration on kindles fairly easily as long as you have the amazon log-in info.