PDA

View Full Version : What are you getting your mom for Mother's Day?

teedeedee
04-24-2012, 10:23 PM
My mom has been a huge help to us the last 20 months (since DS was born). She lives 1000 miles away, but has come to stay with us for probably 5 months all combined. I am a full time student, she is retired & has come to help with DS b/c he has been sick as much as he's been well since he was born. I graduate in Dec, and needless to say, I couldn't have done this without her.

I'd like to get get a very thoughtful & meaningful gift, but it needs to be under $100. Last year I got her a necklace on etsy with my & my bros DC's birthstones.

Everyone here always has the best ideas! So, what are you getting your mom, MIL or yourself?

lmintzer
04-24-2012, 11:10 PM
I recently got my mom (for her birthday) a woven blanket from Shutterfly with pictures of my kids on it. It came out really nice, and she loved it. I paid under $100 (can't remember the exact amount) and applied coupons.

edurnemk
04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
I'm thinking of getting her a gift certificate for a spa. She never does anything to pamper herself, I think he deserves a spa day.

ourbabygirl
04-24-2012, 11:16 PM
That blanket is a great idea! When I picked up a recent order from C/S at Wal-mart, they had one of those on display at the little photo kiosk, as well.

I'm boring... so far my mom's getting a glass oil candle thing for an outdoor table, and a set of Envirosax bags. :) I use mine all the time and figure she might like a set, too. Will probably do another small thing, too.
For DH's mom, we usually just do a flower basket and a gift card- boring, IMO, but she needs money/ gift cards more than she needs 'things' or trinkets. ;)

infomama
04-25-2012, 01:14 AM
I bought my Mom this canvas one year. She loves it.
http://www.maggielindleydesigns.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_78&products_id=129

around the edge of the canvas reads:

thank you, mom, for loving me before you ever knew me. thank you for cutting the crusts off my sandwich and driving me everywhere I needed to go. thank you for your precious hands that heal every ache and pain. thank you for being my wisest counsel and my best friend. and thank you for being my heart’s first home. i love you, mom.

mjs64
04-25-2012, 01:24 AM
My mom has been a huge help to us the last 20 months (since DS was born). She lives 1000 miles away, but has come to stay with us for probably 5 months all combined. I am a full time student, she is retired & has come to help with DS b/c he has been sick as much as he's been well since he was born. I graduate in Dec, and needless to say, I couldn't have done this without her.

I'd like to get get a very thoughtful & meaningful gift, but it needs to be under $100. Last year I got her a necklace on etsy with my & my bros DC's birthstones.

Everyone here always has the best ideas! So, what are you getting your mom, MIL or yourself?

Do you mind sharing which etsy seller you got the necklace from? That's such a nice idea--I'd love to do it for my mom.

marylovesbennyhill
04-25-2012, 05:02 AM
I am making her a "bouquet" of cupcakes and putting in a pretty terracotta pot

weech
04-25-2012, 09:35 AM
I think we're going to take DS to one of those paint your own pottery places and let him pick something for each of the grandmothers and paint it. I'm pretty sure they're both going to cry when they see it.

logan's mom
04-25-2012, 09:43 AM
I am getting this necklace for my mom: http://gifts.redenvelope.com/gifts/sterling-silver-pea-in-a-pod-necklace-30022081?ref=HomeNoRef&q=peas&viewpos=1&trackingpgroup=productsearch

But my Grandma's 80th birthday is the weekend before and I am making her photoblocks. I got 1.5" wooden blocks from Hobby Lobby. I have white-washed. Two sides will be blank. For her grandchildren, I am putting a headshot on one side, names and birthdays on one, a family pic on one, and scrapbook paper background with a large initial (first name) on the last side.
For great-grands, I am doing a baby picture instead of a family picture. I am using Mod-Podge to adhere/seal everything. It's a lot of work but I think she is going to love them.

karstmama
04-25-2012, 10:17 AM
i'm giving mama a nice fanny pack. hers is older, was cheap anyway, and is falling apart. it's not used except when she's traveling, but it's something she actually needs.

teedeedee
04-25-2012, 05:58 PM
Do you mind sharing which etsy seller you got the necklace from? That's such a nice idea--I'd love to do it for my mom.

There are so many beautiful ones on etsy! I got one from this seller http://www.etsy.com/shop/GracensDesigns

I have purchased 5 necklaces from her (they are great gifts for friends who have new babies!). My mom loves her necklace and I have one that I love too!

teedeedee
04-25-2012, 05:58 PM
I recently got my mom (for her birthday) a woven blanket from Shutterfly with pictures of my kids on it. It came out really nice, and she loved it. I paid under $100 (can't remember the exact amount) and applied coupons.

I really like this idea! I think she would like it!

cindys
04-25-2012, 06:11 PM
I am getting my Mom a Pandora Bracelet with a couple charms.

Cindy
Mama to 3 boys...20, 6 & 3 :heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

dec756
04-25-2012, 07:18 PM
i have NO idea yet. when is mothers day?

ourbabygirl
04-25-2012, 07:20 PM
May 13th. :)

m448
04-25-2012, 08:10 PM
Since she gave birth to these three yahoos

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/marielle448/me/IMG_3469.jpg

and for the first time in 10 years we're all living in the same state we decided to have our picture taken together. Haven't done that since my little brother was 5 not counting my wedding pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v34/marielle448/me/IMG_3435.jpg

I'm on the right (oldest), sister is the middle and my little oops brother is in between us. ;) Just a quick tripod shot but that's the best we can get when the photog (me) is in the picture.

dec756
04-25-2012, 08:42 PM
I'm on the right (oldest), sister is the middle and my little oops brother is in between us. ;) Just a quick tripod shot but that's the best we can get when the photog (me) is in the picture.[/QUOTE]

i lovve this idea. something with me and my brother would be really special to my mom i think now more than ever so i think i will do a necklace with our stones or initials, etc.

ourbabygirl
04-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Love the photos! Thanks for sharing! :)

sntm
04-25-2012, 11:48 PM
Cute pictures!!!