PDA

View Full Version : Is 9 too old for a Chuck E Cheese party?

deborah_r
04-25-2012, 02:10 AM
DS1 was talking about wanting a CEC b-day party tonight. Some friends of mine with similar-age kids said their kids weren't really into CEC anymore. DS1 still loves it. He wasn't supposed to have a big party this year, but I think CEC is not that expensive and I could limit him to 10 kids or so.

I pretty much hate CEC, but the party is not for me, right!

marylovesbennyhill
04-25-2012, 04:43 AM
I think by the age of 9 most kids would have BTDT with a party at CEC..is there something else you can do?

essnce629
04-25-2012, 04:51 AM
DS1 will be 9 in August and still loves CEC, but that's probably because we never go there and have only been to 2 parties there before. Maybe your son should ask his friends if they would like him to have a CEC party.

DS1 has had his party at the bowling alley the past 2 years and all the kids have had a blast, especially since there's an arcade they get to play in after bowling. And he just got invited to a party at a roller skating rink today.

Canna
04-25-2012, 07:16 AM
DD (7) has never been there, and we've never been invited to a party there, so I'm not sure what age would be considered the "right" age for it!

SnuggleBuggles
04-25-2012, 07:41 AM
My 9yo would be happy to go.

hellokitty
04-25-2012, 08:06 AM
My son isn't quite 9 yet, but he would love a CeC party. We don't go often, so for my kids, it's a treat. Maybe kids who have gone a lot since they were little will be bored with it though.

kboyle
04-25-2012, 08:34 AM
my soon-to-be 9yo would be happy to go and i think his friends would be also, but there's also not one too too close to us (half hr) so i know many families don't go too often around here. if there was one closer i think that at that age group it may be something they'd get tired of.

Green_Tea
04-25-2012, 08:37 AM
My 9 yo DD would be excited to go to a CEC party. We go infrequently, so the excitement hasn't worn off.

JElaineB
04-25-2012, 09:41 AM
I wouldn't do it, but DS age 9 would like to go to one. But I think most of his friends would think it would be too babyish. If your DS's friends are his age or younger I think it would be ok, but if some of the kids are older or more savvy I would personally avoid it.

shawnandangel
04-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Who cares what the other moms say? Just b/c their kid doesn't like CEC your DS is supposed to not like it anymore either? I'm sure you can round up 10 kids who would love a CEC party!

It's DS's birthday and he should not feel pressured to conform to liking something or not liking something because of his age.

jerseygirl07067
04-26-2012, 12:10 AM
I hate CEC, but just had a party there last weekend for my 7 y/o (last minute location change due to DD #3 having nausea and diarrhea)

That being said, DD 1 who will be 9 in December has been saying for 2 months she wants her next party at CEC and then wants to have everyone back at the house to open gifts. I thought she was a bit old for CEC too, but I guess if that's what she wants to do!

gatorsmom
04-26-2012, 12:15 AM
My 9yo would be happy to go.

:yeahthat: Gator and Cha Cha both had their parties there last year. Gator turned 8 last summer. He talks about wanting to have it there this year too. But, we rarely go so maybe it's more of a treat.

I love that it can all be set up online ahead of time and the party hostess does EVERYTHING FOR YOU. I even bought the 1/4 sheet cake from CEC because it was cheaper than our local bakery. It turned out better decorated and tastier too.

Twin Mom
04-26-2012, 12:24 AM
Who cares what the other moms say? Just b/c their kid doesn't like CEC your DS is supposed to not like it anymore either? I'm sure you can round up 10 kids who would love a CEC party!

It's DS's birthday and he should not feel pressured to conform to liking something or not liking something because of his age.

:yeahthat: My DC who are 9 still like CEC. I take them there every once in a while. It's cheaper than the other arcade places near me. They had a b-day party there a few years ago and if they wanted to do it again, it's cheaper than most of the other places around here so I wouldn't have a problem with it at all!

R2sweetboys
04-26-2012, 09:17 AM

:yeahthat: I completely agree! It's his birthday, his choice. I'm fairly certain that no one will complain.(and if they do,they can stay home:p) I have a nine year old-I asked him if he would like to go to a CEC party and he said "Yes!"