PDA

View Full Version : Help me sort clothing brands for sale or donation

mommylamb
04-25-2012, 08:12 AM
As DS2 grows out of his clothes, I want to sort them so that I can give away the clothes I want to donate and box up anything I want to try to sell (either ebay/Craigslist, or possibly consignment, though I'm not sure I have the ability to do that). I would really appreciate the advice of those of you who have experience with this regarding what I should save for sale and what I should donate now. So these are my thoughts:

Brands that I should save:
HA
Boden
Gymbo
Naartji
Timberland
Ted Baker
Tea
Janie and Jack
Lands End
LL Bean

Brands I should donate:
Children's Place
Old Navy
Target
Mini Me (BRU brand)
Jumping Bean

Brands about which I'm unsure:
Baby Gap/Gap Kids
Next- this is my favorite brand actually, but I know some people think they're not top quality. Honestly, I've always had great experiences with their quality and I think they've got the best selection around for boys clothes.
Little Me
Mamas and Papas (British brand that is very cute and good quality, but not sure it's at all known in the U.S.)
H&M- I know it's not super quality, but I have some things in excellent shape and they're really cute.
Carters
Crazy 8
Macy's brand stuff

TwinFoxes
04-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Baby Gap definitely sell. At my sale, my H&M dresses went for what I paid for them. They're so cute and they looked great. I think Crazy 8 will sell, but not for a lot. Mamas and Papas wouldn't have name recognition but might sell if it's good quality.

I think Carter's and Little Me are pretty common, so might not be that popular second hand, at least not at a price worth the effort.

iaam
04-25-2012, 08:42 AM
I agree with your 'save' and 'donate' lists. In addition, I would definitely sell Gap stuff - I am always amazed at how much I get for Gap clothes on ebay, especially given that I always buy at super low prices on sale (same comment for Gymbo, too, by the way). I would donate Carters, Crazy 8 and Macy's stuff. Unsure about the others, so it probably depends on how much hassle you want to deal with!

daisymommy
04-25-2012, 09:33 AM
Another "I agree" with your sell/donate lists, but move GAP to the sell list. I've always had good luck with getting a decent price for those items.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catsnkid
04-25-2012, 10:33 AM
I think it depends on your area, and where you are selling it. Our once upon a child takes some of the lower level brands esp if they are in good shape. Carters is resold quite a bit.

mommylamb
04-25-2012, 02:18 PM
What about Oshkosh?