PDA

View Full Version : Retroactive jealousy

Twoboos
04-25-2012, 08:58 AM
Yep, this is a bitch. Yes indeed, it is VERY petty.

SIL just had DC#2. DC#1 has been going to daycare, since she and my bother work from home.

DC#1 will continue going to daycare while SIL is on maternity leave. And my brother is usually down the hall, so if she really needs him he's there. I can't help but think how EASY those first few months would have been with only the newborn to deal with.

Of course, DC#1 just turned 2 and has been a horror, especially when compounded by a new sibling, so it's probably easier that she keep her routine with daycare. But really, when I had DD2, DH went to work on day 7 or whatever, and it was the three of us for 8-10hrs a day. Having to take them both to Target, the grocery store, etc..

So I'm retroactively jealous. I swear I never recovered from those early months of a newborn and nearly 2yo.

AshleyAnn
04-25-2012, 06:09 PM
I feel that way too when I look at my friends loving helpful husbands and realize my ex couldnt have cared less about me. I watch their families multiple and wonder why I didnt get that. Why did I get the dud of a husband and why did my life have to fall apart?

Usually it helps to remind myself that they probably couldnt have done what I did. Your SIL and brother arent even willing to attempt to do what you did, not only did you attempt to do it, you were successful. Sure thier way is easier but your stronger and better for having dealt with both your kids on your own. It'll be that much harder for them when they do have to some of those things with because they wont have developed the skills of how to manage two at a time.

sunnyside
04-25-2012, 06:21 PM
Hugs. I totally understand! :hug5:

kozachka
04-29-2012, 03:05 AM
I know this is a bitching post, but let me try to put a positive spin on this situation. Think of all the money that you saved by not paying for daycare for DC#1. It had to be thousands and thousands of dollars.